Why become a member? ×

Sources of Jazz funk arrangements - sibelius or suchlike?

OldGit

We need a couple of sets worth of jazz funk arrangements for my new jazz funk project ..

I'm trying to get a whole set's worth of arrangement "starters" in one fell swoop without doing the hard work of transcribing things .. lazy, I know, but it's a massive task for our arranger and I'd like to hang on to him.

So are there any sources of arrangements we can P2P, buy, borrow, commission etc for something like Sibelius?

Any help?

Anyone take commissions? ;)

Cheers
OG

[quote name='stevie' post='419082' date='Feb 25 2009, 10:28 AM']I've got a large collection. PM me some titles and I'll see what I can do.[/quote]

Thanks chaps
Stevie PM's en route

So (numpty here) the midi files convert into dots of Sibelius? Is that how it works?

Cheers,
OG

[quote name='OldGit' post='419133' date='Feb 25 2009, 11:35 AM']So (numpty here) the midi files convert into dots of Sibelius? Is that how it works?[/quote]

Yes, Sibelius and similar programs provide you with a complete arrangement in standard notation.

PM replied to.

• 2 weeks later...

Not useful I know but have you seen the "scorch" system that comes with sib 4? You can actually scan a piece of sheet music and it'll convert it into a fully editable sib file! There were also roumors of a sib program in which you could upload an mp3 and it would convert it into a full arrangement but I don't know if they ever pulled it off. Mad technology!

[quote name='AdamWoodBass' post='426792' date='Mar 5 2009, 11:40 PM']Not useful I know but have you seen the "scorch" system that comes with sib 4? You can actually scan a piece of sheet music and it'll convert it into a fully editable sib file! There were also roumors of a sib program in which you could upload an mp3 and it would convert it into a full arrangement but I don't know if they ever pulled it off. Mad technology![/quote]

Computers are taking over the world!