Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 4X10 Bass Combo (GP11 MkV)

auburnwarrior

Early to mid-1980's Trace Elliot 1110 Combo for sale.

This is a classic Trace combo, comprising the GP11 MkV preamp, and a 150w power amp (this is highly underrated by Trace and is a beast above 5!), with 4 x 10 Celestion speakers. I replaced these which is the reason for the different coloured cones.

The black vinyl covering is slightly marked in places, but given its age, is in fairly good condition.

All knobs are present and only one slider on the graphic EQ is missing; it is still possible to adjust this. Everything works a treat, with the exception that the Graphic and Pre-Shape switches can be a bit temperamental (common fault with the GP11) but a couple of prods sorts things just fine! These functions work perfectly with the Trace footswitch (not included but they do pop up on eBay from time to time).

There's a speaker output for a second 4 Ohm cabinet if required.

The combo also has a green canvas dust cover.

Looking for £300 ono

Cheers
Simon

[attachment=20871:DSC00433.JPG]
[attachment=20888:DSC00434.JPG]
[attachment=20889:DSC00438.JPG]
[attachment=20894:DSC00439_1.JPG]
[attachment=20896:DSC00440.JPG]

Edited by auburnwarrior

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='423606' date='Mar 2 2009, 08:05 PM']This is a near-classic now. One day they'll be worth a fortune, a la original SVTs....[/quote]

Totally agree....an awesome bit of kit and I'm amazed this hasn't gone, especially at this price. Had I not just bought a new cab I'd have snapped this gem up.

Edited by Hoppo75

• 4 weeks later...

If a studio project guy comes back to me, I will talk it up.
These are 'must haves' for live recording and 'real' gig prep.
Also good for hire.

If I was near, I would not be able to resist....
...and I would add on the 1810 with flightcase (you know the one!)

Thank you kind sir :)

I'll leave it a week or so then I'll have another go on Ebay ...

[quote name='Thornybank' post='451396' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:43 PM']If a studio project guy comes back to me, I will talk it up.
These are 'must haves' for live recording and 'real' gig prep.
Also good for hire.

If I was near, I would not be able to resist....
...and I would add on the 1810 with flightcase (you know the one!)[/quote]

OK ... So I had a root around in my wardrobe and oddly enough I found all four of the original speakers all boxed up!

So if this makes a difference to anyone, I'd be happy to include these with the sale.

As far as I'm aware they are all working absolutely fine (they were when I took them out of the amp).

£300 all in

Bump, bump, bumpty bump

[quote name='auburnwarrior' post='458825' date='Apr 9 2009, 09:13 PM']OK ... So I had a root around in my wardrobe and oddly enough I found all four of the original speakers all boxed up!

So if this makes a difference to anyone, I'd be happy to include these with the sale.

As far as I'm aware they are all working absolutely fine (they were when I took them out of the amp).

£300 all in[/quote]

• 1 year later...

Don't know if this can help you... but I want to spend 2 words on this wonderful bass amp from Trace Elliot: SIMPLY BOMBASTIC!!!!

I own it since 3 years (I bought it three years ago for 300 euros)...

Now after years of playing I need to change the speakers... (maybe the previous owner kept in a humid place....)

but this amp is a real monster!

Used it on stage, for recording and everytime gave me a lot of satisfactions!

and last but not least.... playing with the same bass guitar sound as Travor Bolder from Uriah Heep.... have no price!!! :)