Why become a member? ×

What do you guys use...

Dmanlamius

Arggg....!

I've gone through a few sites, and all have turned out to have hidden charges or other annoying small-text things.

I'd just signed up to soundclick.com, and uploaded the masses of music I have, only to find out that when people buy it, they HAVE to pay in $5, and use up all that credit. No good if they only want one song. Oh, and they take out quite a large comission.

I just found a site called [url="http://jetsetindie.com"]http://jetsetindie.com[/url]. You get ALL the money into your paypal, and can make up the charges. They charge $47 a year for this. It sounds too good to be true, and I can't find any info about this site. Anyone know about it?

Kris:)

That jetsetindie site just seems to host tracks for you, it's not actually an aggregator. To my mind you may as well host the songs on your own site and sell them from there if that's the way you want to go.

Realistically though, IMO downloads are really about iTunes, so you'd need to go through an aggregator. Which one really depends on how many downloads you think you'll sell, how long you want them available for and whether you want any physical distribution. If you've got CD's to sell CD Baby is your best bet. Otherwise AWAL, Tunecore or Reverbnation all offer a similar service - you've just got to do the maths on which is likely to be best for you.

[quote name='Musky' post='417039' date='Feb 22 2009, 11:19 PM']That jetsetindie site just seems to host tracks for you, it's not actually an aggregator. To my mind you may as well host the songs on your own site and sell them from there if that's the way you want to go.

Realistically though, IMO downloads are really about iTunes, so you'd need to go through an aggregator. Which one really depends on how many downloads you think you'll sell, how long you want them available for and whether you want any physical distribution. If you've got CD's to sell CD Baby is your best bet. Otherwise AWAL, Tunecore or Reverbnation all offer a similar service - you've just got to do the maths on which is likely to be best for you.[/quote]

Heya, Musky, thanks for your positive input.

My problem with Tunecore is that you have to pay for each album/single separately. I want to sell seven different albums from each of my bands, so you can imagine the price...

The singles are the same. I create music near daily, and just want to literally upload without having to pay a fee for each song?

I see what you mean, though. I don't mind paying a one off payment, just not too much!

Trying the others you mentioned, now...Thanks again.