Why become a member? ×

Help re Neck Pickup

Smash

What I need is a Neck pickup with lots of bass resoponse, I have a humbucker at the bridge and was going to go for a Dimarzio Will Power at the neck but these are fairly costly and hard to get hold of, I see Fender have a chrome humbucker on their Telebass Squire but I can't seem to find one anywhere for sale other than in the bass. The other route would be to use 2 Jazz pickups side by side near the neck as humbucker but not sure how this would sound and how much bass response they would give. Any suggestions?

[quote name='Smash' post='412865' date='Feb 18 2009, 11:29 AM']What I need is a Neck pickup with lots of bass resoponse, I have a humbucker at the bridge and was going to go for a Dimarzio Will Power at the neck but these are fairly costly and hard to get hold of, I see Fender have a chrome humbucker on their Telebass Squire but I can't seem to find one anywhere for sale other than in the bass. The other route would be to use 2 Jazz pickups side by side near the neck as humbucker but not sure how this would sound and how much bass response they would give. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Hi Smash
You might be in luck. I have the Fender PUP in question, which which I bought when I was considering installing one at the bridge of my '73. I'm now having second thoughts and need to speak to the tech who was going to do the work before going ahead. I'll let you know if it's free. It looks just like the original, i.e., it has the Fender logo embossed on the chrome cover.
Chris.

We've got one Shadow Bass Dopester (what kind of name is that?) to clear at £22.
[url="http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/2603"]http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/produ...roducts_id/2603[/url]
It's another humbucker; no idea on the tone but the name, I suppose, suggests warm fuzzy feelings!
Ped suggested it would be gracious to offer some kind of discount.. if you want this, put "hubrad said it was ok" in the notes section for free p+p.
HUGH

Edited by hubrad

[quote name='Beedster' post='412878' date='Feb 18 2009, 11:42 AM']Hi Smash
You might be in luck. I have the Fender PUP in question, which which I bought when I was considering installing one at the bridge of my '73. I'm now having second thoughts and need to speak to the tech who was going to do the work before going ahead. I'll let you know if it's free. It looks just like the original, i.e., it has the Fender logo embossed on the chrome cover.
Chris.[/quote]
Chris

Sounds like the kitty I am after, do you know what the spec of the pickup is? i.e. Output wise.

Let me know if it is available, this combo could be a winner.

Thanks Ash