Why become a member? ×

Randall RB2000 Bi-Amp head **|| Sold ||**

OldGit

Sold Ta

For Sale
My Randall RB2000 Bi-Amp head. "The Road Warrior"
Designed by the recently deceased Mr Randall just after he left Fender so a pretty good pedigree.

It's a Bi-Amp ie there's two separate power amps in one box with a sophisticated preamp to control things.
There's 150 watts into the treble side (plug in a 2x10) and 375 into the bass side (go for a 1x15) or you can bridge the preamp and get full range at 375 watts.
There's no indication whatsoever what ohmage the output should be. Nothing on the box, nothing in the manual. I did email them to ask but I got no reply...

Lots of knobs and variations including tone presets and a compressor.

PM me for the PDF of the manual is you are interested in the detail

Recently fully serviced by John Turner in Cardiff.

I'd like [s]£175[/s] £100 or offers of donations to a cancer charity ... PM me

I will post but it will probably cost a few quid as it weighs a lot.

[attachment=20464:01052008167.jpg]
[attachment=20465:01052008168.jpg]

[attachment=21105:IMG_4787.JPG]
[attachment=21106:IMG_4789.JPG][attachment=21109:IMG_4790.JPG][attachment=21107:IMG_4788.JPG]

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='richardd' post='415455' date='Feb 20 2009, 03:46 PM']Hi. I have emailed Randall again regarding the ohms thing,if I get a reply will be interested , owned one of these years ago but cannot remember the specs. Rich[/quote]

Thanks Rich.

Anything you can add to how the amp is in a gigging situation? I've not gigged mine.

• 4 weeks later...

Had this checked right through by two amp fixers as the "non-biamped" config buzzes a bit.
It's very quiet when set up as a bi-amp with two cabs.
Both have said it's "working as designed" and, in their opinion, would only be aproblem if using it for recording. IE not a problem live ...
Thought I should tell you..

Edited by OldGit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Jarhead' post='500024' date='May 28 2009, 04:47 PM']Hey, did you find out about the ohms of this amp? Very interested in it.

Zach[/quote]

Hi Zach
Nope, never did, Sorry.
Randall don't want to reply and there's nothing on the panels or in the manual ...
'Tis a mystery.

[quote name='OldGit' post='500086' date='May 28 2009, 05:36 PM']Hi Zach
Nope, never did, Sorry.
Randall don't want to reply and there's nothing on the panels or in the manual ...
'Tis a mystery.[/quote]
Ah, OK. I'll send you a PM soon about buying it off you, as soon as I confirm a few things.

Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='500099' date='May 28 2009, 05:48 PM']Ah, OK. I'll send you a PM soon about buying it off you, as soon as I confirm a few things.

Zach[/quote]

Ok
I have someone else ahead of you in the queue though, sorry.
I'll PM you if that doesn't work out ..

[quote name='noirpunk' post='504133' date='Jun 2 2009, 07:43 PM']Pleasure doing business with you sir.
Everyones a winner, new head to me £100 to cancer research.
Cheers for delivering aswell, very much appreciated.
Top man[/quote]

You too mate, take care with those cones :)