Why become a member? ×

You've got a friend - James taylor & band

Monz

Just had this one dropped on me ;) How many bloody chord changes?

Does anyone have a transcribed or tabbed version of this to speed the learning curve up please

Apparently this is the version we are doing

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wftbahypdAA"]Youtube link[/url]

Thanks in advance

[quote name='Monz' post='412254' date='Feb 17 2009, 05:29 PM']Just had this one dropped on me :P How many bloody chord changes?

Does anyone have a transcribed or tabbed version of this to speed the learning curve up please

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Great song...
Just do a google, plenty of chord changes around.

I thought i would follow your link and have a listen.
Then left 'you tube' in a flood of tears..
Read one of the posts.

[b]JacintMate (1 week ago) | I really love this song it takes me back many years ago when my special friend had to leave me and he said when ever you need me just listen to this song and call my name andI'll be there ... years later we became husband and wife and now tragically I am his widow , I will always love this song and call out his name where ever I go . [/b]
;)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='Monz' post='412254' date='Feb 17 2009, 05:29 PM']Just had this one dropped on me ;) How many bloody chord changes?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Hey monz
Do you need the actual bassline or can you infer it from the chords? If the latter,there's plenty of guitar tabs (capo 3 so transposing skills needed!)
LB

[quote name='Lemuel Beam' post='412433' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:58 PM']Hey monz
Do you need the actual bassline or can you infer it from the chords? If the latter,there's plenty of guitar tabs (capo 3 so transposing skills needed!)
LB[/quote]

Hi LB

I will work the bassline out by bombarding my eardrums with it until I can sing it without having the tune playing... I was just wondering if anyone had already done this and put it in notation or tab, I guess not so I will as soon as I have it worked out. It would have just saved me some time that's all, I have a busy week at work / gigging at the weekend and the guys want to rehearse it next Monday.

PS Most of the sheets I have seen seem to capo the guitards on the 2nd