Why become a member? ×

Hello from BassInstinct

bassicinstinct

Hello fellow bassists!!

Thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a long serving member over on TalkBass but thought I'd give this forum a whirl due to it's UK connection.

I've been playing for 38 years now and have spent the last couple of decades heavily involved with the tribute circuit.

[b]My current bands are:[/b]

The Beautiful Sound - Beautiful South Tribute (I have, I believe, replaced another Basschat member).

The Dan Collective - Steely Dan Tribute

So....... you could say that most, if not all, of my musical itches are being well and truly scratched and I am having a real blast in both bands. :) :huh:

[b]My weapons of choice are:[/b]

1995 Bernie Goodfellow Pre-production Prototype GB IV Standard
1972 Gibson SB450L
Stadium Elites Strings
Ashdown Amplification
Boss TU2
BBE OptoStomp
SansAmp BDDI

I'm a fervent believer in the maxim[b] "Less is more"[/b] and the notes you [b]DON'T[/b] play are just as important as the ones you [b]DO[/b] play. I think that applies equally to playing volumes too. Stealth bass is a wonderful thing IMHO. :huh: :huh:

Well......that's me and I look forward to a long and happy association with you all here on Basschat. :huh: :huh:

Thanks guys - it's good to be here!! :) :huh:

[b]Hamste[/b][u][/u]r:

The Dan thing is a reformation of a band which was running a few years ago so is currently in the (re)formative stages but things are looking good demand-wise so, when we get a gig schedule put together, I'll post it so that you can come along if you can make it.