Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Fodera Hardcase

Now Withdrawn

Hi all,

I'm selling this Fodera hard case in perfect condition - it came as part of a deal and isn't required.

Now includes free Comfort Strapp!

There's a picture (with the price for a new case) at:

[url="http://fodera.ssl-central.com/store/pc-58-38-fodera-hardshell-case.aspx"]http://fodera.ssl-central.com/store/pc-58-...shell-case.aspx[/url]

You'll see that the retail price is $168, so about £110 without shipping, import tax, VAT etc. (and £130 with)

It's an extremely high quality case: well-padded, protective, reasonably light, lockable, and has a very comfortable handle.

The case is very clean, unblemished and basically 'as new'. The only drawback is that it has a strange smell when opened. I checked on Talkbass and apparently this is a common issue. The consensus appears to be that the smell is something to do with the adhesive used in production.

This is a bulky item to post (and relatively low value) so I'm looking for local collection (in central Manchester). Price is £60 firm.

Cheers, Lozbass

Edited by lozbass

Hi Mark, I'm still drawn to the photographs of your W&T - lovely (and absolutely, I'd put W&T and Fodera in the same category).

I'm not sure how deep/slim the case is but will measure it later (it isn't very slim though - probably wider than a Hiscox). It's a fairly long case and housed a 33" bass (MG5) when I bought it - the interior of the case is more than sufficient for a 36" I'd say, but there's no 'rattling' about with shorter instruments as a result of the padding.

I'll get back later

Hi, I'm pretty sure it'll fit a 7 string (36" scale?) - let me know if you want to give it a go and if it's still around, you're welcome to try it (I'm just around the corner from RNCM) It'd be a nice chance for me to see the 7 too ('looks lovely in the photographs!)

Fantastic! Cheers! Thanks for the comms on the bass, I love it! ;)
I'll send you a PM nearer then if the case is still around, not sure if it'll suit what i'm after, although looks fantastic! Nevertheless, I could always bring a bass along and meet up. I'm actually going to see my friend Ben van Dijk play a bass trombone recital there, and do a trombone choir. Have to see how the day pans out, no doubt i'll be around if my mums there, she'll spend all day in the shops! :P

Edited by overwater#1

Hi again - some dimensions (at last) - these are all external:

length: 130cms
width (at widest point): 40cms
depth: 11.6cms

The case is big - I doubt it would have any trouble holding a large erb.

Matt - great to meet up if we're both around - I work round the corner from RNCM (oddly enough, I'm a big fan of bass trombone - I heard one in a reggae/ska band around 15 years ago and was blown away).

Good luck with the shopping - Manchester's a bit of a Mecca if you like that kind of thing!

;) Gutted this wasn't on offer a month or so back when I was after a case for my Gordon Smith semi - this would have fitted a treat. Ended up getting a "large" size Hiscox (same shape) - good case, but this would have been a bit classier!

[quote name='Shaggy' post='410386' date='Feb 15 2009, 08:12 PM'];) Gutted this wasn't on offer a month or so back when I was after a case for my Gordon Smith semi - this would have fitted a treat. Ended up getting a "large" size Hiscox (same shape) - good case, but this would have been a bit classier![/quote]
Hi Shaggy, thanks - the Fodera is classy but at least the Hiscox doesn't smell strange - cheers, Lozbass