Why become a member? ×

T-rex

sshorepunk

Noticed a few T-rex bass pedals becoming more numerous on evil bay, the chorus for example is fairly expensive, so has anyone tried any of these, or owned one

Not looking to buy, just curious, as a search on this forum does not throw up any results, which is unusual as there are bass specific pedals in the range

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='405953' date='Feb 11 2009, 07:54 AM']Noticed a few T-rex bass pedals becoming more numerous on evil bay, the chorus for example is fairly expensive, so has anyone tried any of these, or owned one

Not looking to buy, just curious, as a search on this forum does not throw up any results, which is unusual as there are bass specific pedals in the range

Tony[/quote]

The Bass Juice is my distortion pedal of choice, after trying dozens. I'm using fuzz now though, so it's in a cabinet!

yeah, I used a Bass Juice for a few years. Good pedal, nice variety of sounds from it. Didn't know they got a beating from BC, can't really eplain why either, seems a perfectly good pedal, if a little pricey.

I seem to remember it was another pedal before being licenced (how do you spell that? I've never had to before, and its really puzzling me...) to T-Rex?

[quote name='MananaMan' post='407199' date='Feb 12 2009, 12:47 AM']yeah, I used a Bass Juice for a few years. Good pedal, nice variety of sounds from it. Didn't know they got a beating from BC, can't really eplain why either, seems a perfectly good pedal, if a little pricey.

I seem to remember it was another pedal before being licenced (how do you spell that? I've never had to before, and its really puzzling me...) to T-Rex?[/quote]

Maybe you're talking about TC Electronic's Vintage pedals (Vintage Distortion in this case), which are the same as T-Rex's but come with a different casing and are a lot more expensive?

[quote name='MananaMan' post='407199' date='Feb 12 2009, 12:47 AM']yeah, I used a Bass Juice for a few years. Good pedal, nice variety of sounds from it. Didn't know they got a beating from BC, can't really eplain why either, seems a perfectly good pedal, if a little pricey.

I seem to remember it was another pedal before being licenced (how do you spell that? I've never had to before, and its really puzzling me...) to T-Rex?[/quote]

It's "licensed", because it's the past participle of the verb. 's' for the verb, 'c' for the noun. Same as practise/practice and many others. If you ever get confused, think of advice and advise, which nobody gets wrong because unlike the others they sound different.

So, if you are licensed to kill, for example, you have a licence to kill. A licensing authority issues licences. Just as if you are advised then you receive advice, and an advising body issues advice.

HTH.

[quote name='Earbrass' post='407751' date='Feb 12 2009, 04:49 PM']It's "licensed", because it's the past participle of the verb. 's' for the verb, 'c' for the noun. Same as practise/practice and many others. If you ever get confused, think of advice and advise, which nobody gets wrong because unlike the others they sound different.

So, if you are licensed to kill, for example, you have a licence to kill. A licensing authority issues licences. Just as if you are advised then you receive advice, and an advising body issues advice.

HTH.[/quote]

Grammatical advice in BC:FX. I like this!