Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Smash

Feeler here for my modified Fender Jazz Bass, I bought this from someone who has changed the logo on the headstock to say Fender Jazz USA which it is not and hasn't been put on that great to be honest, that's the bad bit.

I believe this bass to be a Mexican Jazz but I cannot be 100% sure but it certainly looks like one and feels like it and the person whom I bought it from told me that he paid £450 for it. The neck has been modified to have rolled fingerboard edges which makes it a lot smoother to play and Dimarzio pickups. It might need a set up.

Picture shows Badass - this has now been removed and has a standard MIM bridge.

Looking for £180 + postage

may px with other basses such as Status / Yamaha Attitude + cash adjustment

Edited by Smash

[quote name='Smash' post='407304' date='Feb 12 2009, 09:06 AM']Hi there is one on the back of the headstock and that too has been changed as it has a US no.[/quote]
Are you sure it isn't a US neck?
I thought the serial numbers were "engraved" into the wood. Must check mine.
Bit weird going to all that trouble to disguise the origin.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='407432' date='Feb 12 2009, 11:11 AM']Are you sure it isn't a US neck?
I thought the serial numbers were "engraved" into the wood. Must check mine.
Bit weird going to all that trouble to disguise the origin.[/quote]
No it's a transfer but that one has been very well done unlike the one on the front.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='joe_bass' post='426073' date='Mar 5 2009, 12:43 PM']Give it a go on Ebay mate, should go for a decent price, mine did.[/quote]
Probably will have to but really thought someone would have wanted this here as it's such a nice instrument.

[quote name='Smash' post='426140' date='Mar 5 2009, 01:37 PM']Probably will have to but really thought someone would have wanted this here as it's such a nice instrument.[/quote]

bump again for this...looks solid and fair

Bump........ and now on Ebay which I am sort of regretting, 10 questions so far.... ranging from I will give you £100 as its fake to I will buy the bass but if it is not MIM I will report you!!!, these people are killing me that's why I prefer selling on here, everyone is decent.

[quote name='neilb' post='428888' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:39 PM']Just shows you what sodding around with the logo can do to your chances of selling an instrument! (Not you mate, the prev owner!)[/quote]
True very true, I have a Squire bass which is so heavily modified that it is amazing, but I like having the Squire logo as that's what it is underneath. Mind you if anyone tried this bass for sale then it would be snapped up. I might even keep her soon.

[quote name='Smash' post='428902' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:56 PM']True very true, I have a Squire bass which is so heavily modified that it is amazing, but I like having the Squire logo as that's what it is underneath. Mind you if anyone tried this bass for sale then it would be snapped up. I might even keep her soon.[/quote]

your bass looks cool and if it sounds hip then labels are out the window
i like the antique look of it
good luck
geof

• 2 weeks later...