mattbass6

*SOLD* Vigier Excess 5 *SOLD*
£1650
Penarth, South Wales

This is a very hard decision for me as I love my Vigier basses so much, but I have decided to move back to 4 string bass for the foreseeable future. I have enjoyed my forays into the world of 6 & 5 string bass, but my writing has changed a lot and I need a new sound/approach/challenge. I will be keeping my other Excess 5 just for the studio and that low B, just in case I need it later down the line but it does mean, that I don't need two of them. So with that in mind, here is what I am selling -

A brand new, in perfect condition, and I mean perfect condition, as there are no scratches, surface scratches, dings, dents etc Vigier Excess 5 bass. It has never been gigged and only used in the house. It was ordered directly from Vigier back in 2018 and arrived with me last July (2019) as a back up to my other Vigier. Who was I kidding? The things are so flipping stable, you don't need a back up with these. Anyway, I ordered it in a custom "purple", and it is stunning. It comes with the official Vigier Hiscox case. The neck on these basses are to die for, just so beautifully crafted in every way. The sounds available to dial in are limitless, a very versatile pre-amp (18v). It was fitted from the start with Dunlop Stainless Steel Superbrights (40-120). They don't make many of these basses, and especially not in this colour. If you want something stable, powerful, unique and something that will last you forever, this is your baby. They cost £3200.00 (RRP), so grab a beautiful, handmade, rare and beautiful bass while you can. The bass is located in South Wales. I'd prefer collection, but happy to post if it will help the buyer. I have the box it was sent in. Any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will do all I can to help.

Possible trades and no sunburst’s please - 

US Fender Elite Precision with maple board plus cash my way.

Yamaha BB3000a plus cash my way.

Yamaha 2025x plus a little cash my way.

Mike Lull PJ4 with maple board.

——————————————————

Here are the specs of the bass, including weight 1f609.png;)

Type: Bolt-on featuring the 10/90 System (10% carbon with 90% of wood).

Wood: Maple naturally dried for 3 years

Shape: D

Finish: Gloss varnish where the varnish dries for 5 weeks minimum

Width of neck at nut: 46mm / 1.81"

Width of neck at last fret: 73,7mm / 2.9"

Depth of neck at first fret: 20,5mm / .81"

Depth of neck at 12th fret: 24mm / .94"

String spacing at nut: 38mm / 1.50"

String spacing at bridge: 72mm / 2.89"

Action as supplied at 12th fret, treble: 2.0mm / .079"

Action as supplied at 12th fret, bass: 2.7mm / 0.11"

Type of nut: Teflon nut + hardened zero fret technology

Fingerboard Wood: Maple

Radius: 300mm/11.81"

Type of frets: Medium

Number of frets: 24

Scale length: 860mm / 33.8"

Inlay: Dots

Body Wood: Two centre-joined pieces of solid, naturally aged alder.

Machine heads brand name: Schaller custom

Bridge brand name: Vigier quick release with a brass casing that inserts deep into the body and locks the strap button in place. It is Chrome finished.

Electronics

Pickup brand name: Vigier

Type of pickup: Single coil.

Switch: Balance

Electronic: Active

A hum-cancelling circuit eliminates the hum usually associated with single-coil pickups to create a true studio-quiet performance: single-coil tone without the hum.

Controls: Volume / Balance / Bass / Middle / Treble

Shielding: Conductive paint

Weight: 3,8Kg / 8.3lbs

It comes with the original Vigier hard case

It is strung with Dunlop SuperBrights Stainless Steel 40-120

Made in: France

Edited by mattbass6
  • Like 5

Thank you for the messages but just to reiterate, I am not looking for trades. I am only after a straight sale please. Thanks again. Take care. Cheers

It’s my birthday today, and feeling very chilled which has led me to now opening this up to offers. Try me with a figure, you may be surprised, as I may be drunk 🥴 😂 Cheers ☺️

Possible trade options added.

It is in “out of the factory” condition. Not a single mark in this bass. Grab a real bargain ✌🏼

Edited by mattbass6

2 hours ago, Abjatar said:

damn guys, why has nobody bought this yet?
great price for a new awesome bass!

GLWTS

I know, but I guess it’s a weird time for everyone, so money is obviously tight. Thanks though, appreciated

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d_g
      I'm selling my Poller 3/4 (standard) size double bass. Really great bass for students or jazz/rockabilly. I gigged it professionally for several years before upgrading.
      It's made in Romania in the early 90s. It has been my backup bass for the last few years but I can’t justify keeping two at the moment.
      Makes a great bass for a student or an electric bass player taking up upright - I’ve gigged it and and it is very light so great for carrying around to gigs etc. I’ll include a soft case and I can probably find a spare double bass stand if you would like one too.
      Price drop to £795 and open to sensible offers and happy to chuck in the Realist for a little extra.
      I'm currently located in Surrey/Kingston so delivery/trial around the south east is possible. You are welcome to come for a socially distanced play in the garden but serious buyers only please. Any questions let me know!
      Many thanks
      Dan

• By d_g
      Tentatively putting my Overwater up for sale on here. I'm in no rush to sell it but open to offers and trades (possibly with cash my way) for lightweight, 34" scale, 5 string jazzes - Fender, Sadowsky etc.
      Anyone who's played one of these knows the kind of quality you can expect from this. It was built for me in 2017 by Chris and the team and would cost around £3500 to have made now I believe. I originally ordered it with an East J Retro which I have since changed for a J Tone giving it a more vintage sound and the versatility of a passive tone control. It will also come with the extra capacitors which are easy to switch out to adjust the roll off of the tone control. I also swapped the pickups from Overwater Ceramic to OWs new Alnico ones. I will include both sets of pickups for the buyer. 
      Spec is below, let me know if you have any questions, it's in very nearly perfect condition, a few marks on the headstock are pictured. You are welcome to try in Chessington, KT9. I will also consider posting fully insured.
      - Maple 21 fret bolt on neck
      - Nut 46mm
      -19mm string spacing
      -MOP block inlays
      -3mm side dots (1mm bigger than standard for extra visibility)
      -Alder body
      -J Tone Preamp
      -OW Noiseless Alnico Pickups (Ceramics for more HiFi sound also included)
      -Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
      -Custom Seafoam Green Finish
      Many thanks
      Dan

The tiny black mark in the picture below was just rubber and has now been cleaned off. 

• By sambecker1
      Hi folks,

I have been offered this bass and I am wondering if it is an authentic 1962 Fender P?  I have attached pictures. It all seems period correct (apart from wrong label and refinished hardware, added pickup and all that jazz) but I'm not an expert on these things. Been modded like crazy but I don't mind. Serial is 74510.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Best wishes,

Sam

• By adamlunt
      Hi everyone,
      I’ve decided to list my old P Bass in favour of something a little more traditional, perhaps with a sunburst and rosewood flavour. Not a desperate sale by any means, but I have a strict 1 in 1 out policy. 
      As you can see, it’s a great example of an old school ash-body, maple-board P Bass. Ready for punk and indie, but can handle soulful RnB all the same.
      I’ve owned the bass for just over five years now, and as a player’s instrument it’s certainly served it’s purpose, so as I’m sure you can understand, it isn’t in collector’s condition. The previous owners have modded the bass over the years as follows:
      Dimarzio PAF pickup - Earlier version of the Model P with the cream cover. Loud and punchy in the mids, but surprisingly dynamic. BadassII bridge installed at some point - Just the badass-est bridge ever! CTS pots - The originals probably wore out. For me, this just ensures the bass works. In 2020 (amidst all the chaos) I had the bass refretted with narrow/tall frets, and as a result it plays like a dream. I chose narrow/tall frets because they feel comfortable to play, and have used Daddario Chromes solidly, meaning there is no wear whatsoever. Even the most small-handed players should feel right at home!
      The body has some wear where a previous owner had fitted and removed a thumb rest, and the neck has some areas where the finish has come away, but this is no way affects playability. The neck actually has some nice flame action towards the top. Please see images.
      I know the important question with basses from the era is the weight, and while I don’t have scales, I’m guessing it’s 4.5-5kg, with most of the weight in the body. I'm 5'7" and around 9.5st, and it has never felt uncomfortable.
      I am looking for a sale at this point, as I hope to fund another bass, but if there is a nice sunburst P Bass out there, I am prepared to exchange with cash your way if needed. And I'm sure it goes without saying, please feel free to get in touch for more pics or info.
      All the best,
      Ad

• By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      String spacing: 19 mm
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 5600 pounds but it's actually 6500 6200 euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page: