interpol52

**SOLD** Ibanez SR655 - 5 string/Nordstrand P/J pickups - £400
£425
Wakefield

Hello everyone

Up for sale here is one of the most versatile basses I have ever had. If you like 5 string basses with Precision and Jazz bass pickups then it’s your lucky day! From Jaco to Jamerson you have it covered! The bass is active but the bypass allows you to switch to a passive-only operation. Unlike many Ibanez basses this has Nordstrand CND pickups in a P/J configuration.

Excellent condition. 

Am open to trades. Something like a 4 string Fender Jazz bass or a Fender Stratocaster ideally. 

The spec and further info here -

Weight - 8lbs (just over)
Scale Length- 34''
Nut Width - 45mm
Neck Wood - 5pc jatoba and walnut neck
Pickup Config - 1 x split coil 1 x single coil
Body Material - ash body
Fingerboard - jatoba fingerboard

Would rather collection on this one, although I do have a box so I could ship if the buyer is willing to organise.

I am in Wakefield, West Yorkshire about 5 minutes from J40 of the M1.

Thanks for looking!

full.jpg

body.jpg

headstockfront.jpg

back.jpg

headstockback.jpg

Edited by interpol52

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EdLib-3
      1997 Ibanez TR200 Bass with 2 band active EQ (serial no: 6011374). I bought this from Japan, I've tried to find more details on these instruments, but this particular iteration of the TR200 only appears in a 1997 Japanese Ibanez catalogue, check the link for more details:
      http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/ibanez/1997/en_22.html
      Excellent mid-level instrument, rare and very hard to find for sale used at a good price. No trade offers please as I need to raise some cash.
      Includes the following high quality upgrades: Kluson High Mass Bridge, DiMarzio Model P and J pickups, Jim Dunlop Straploks, and Gotoh GB528 Resolite lightweight tuners. Includes original Ibanez gig bag.
      The bass plays and sounds great, truss rod works fine and the neck is straight and plays great. Condition for this bass is very good for its age; just a small unnoticeable scuff to the finish on the edge of both the top and bottom sides of the body, and a slight bit of finish loss by the bridge pickup when it was upgraded. All unnoticeable unless you look very closely and carefully.

Collection from the Preston Park area of Brighton is strongly preferred as the thin Ibanez gig bag for this bass offers very little protection and I'm not keen on sending basses that don't have a hard case as couriers won't insure them. A meet-up within a reasonable distance from Brighton is also a possibility.
      Here's my feedback:
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/306417-feedback-for-edlib-3/
      Any questions, let me know. Cheers!
    • By Chaos Daveo
      Hello All,
      Here we have an absolute beast of a bass, currently I'm bandless and as we know covid is effecting our fine art. It's priced to sell as I cannot really justify having three basses at present, Its a wonderful instrument to play and own, with incredible tone for days. Collection from Stoke and cash is king, as always. I wont dispatch, post or muck about with sending it anywhere, sorry that's my choice as I want it to be pristine when you get it. I cannot stress how comfortable the fanned fret is and part of me will be gutted to see it go, this gathering dust is just criminal. Happy Sunday, come grab a bargain..
      BODY WOOD:  Mahogany  BRAND: Ibanez FRETBOARD WOOD: Panga Panga HARDWARE COLOUR: Black NECK WOOD:  Multi Piece Neck  NUMBER OF STRINGS: 4 String Basses PICKUP CONFIG: J/J, Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickup, 3-band EQ  TOP WOOD:  Burl  Dave.

• By Wilco
      Fantastic bass that I’ve thought long and hard about selling, but I need to raise funds for some other gear for a new band project that I don’t need this bass for.
      Not far off new condition - a light scratch on heel of the neck & a couple really small lower body dings is about it.
      Huge spec, loads of tonal flexibility & plays like a dream. Comes with the usual Ibby rectangular foam semi hard case
      Spec:-
      neck type BTB57pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple neck w/Graphite reinforcement rodsNeck-through top/back/body Walnut topWalnut backAsh wing body fretboard Bound Panga Panga fretboardAbalone off-set dot inlay fret Medium Stainless Steel fretsPremium fret edge treatment number of frets 24 (+ zero fret) bridge MR5S bridge string space 19mm neck pickup Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive bridge pickup Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive equaliser Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & 3-way Mid frequency switch Gotoh tuners too & locking Jack socket.

No postage on this - pick up or collection from Swindon, or meet up say an hour away from here.

• By Hellzero
      Active IBANEZ AFR-P (P-Bass) pickup completely wired with volume, tone pot, capacitor, battery plug and screws, but no output jack.

For sale only.

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £25 GBP !!!

In fully working condition.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

Selling only because I have no further use of it as it's been removed from a bass now totally passive.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures to see the real condition : used.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By cbd
      Hi!
      For sale is an extremely rare Ibanez 6-string P/J bass - in fact pretty much the only model I've seen with a P pickup.The electronics are also really cool - high output pickups mean that you can toggle passive/active mode without the usual drop in volume you get on most active basses - so you can swap from passive P tones to punchy active modern tones in seconds, without switching amp inputs
      Specs:
      SR6 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck Bubinga top/Mahogany body Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay Medium frets Accu-cast B306 bridge Nordstrand CND P/J pickups Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) Black matte hardware Condition is used, but only just - I got it just over a year ago, but it's not been out loads (gigs have been pretty slow recently for some reason...). A few tiny marks here and there if you look closely - the worst is probably at the edge of the end of the headstock (opposite "R in SDGR" - visible in the photos). Otherwise it's working great!
      Light (well, for a 6 string) at 4.8kg / 10.6lbs
      16.5mm string spacing at the bridge, and 44mm from the centre of the B to centre of the C at the nut. Neck width is 53mm at the nut.
      Now looking for ~£575. I might consider trades + cash for something cheaper too if it helps
      I'm based in Cambridge - collection would be ideal, but I don't mind driving a bit further afield to drop it off, or can post for £20.
      Any questions let me know, cheers