Why become a member? ×

American Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe

Wheres_One

HI!

Up for grabs here is an american built Fender Jazz Deluxe bass.

Here's the full spec:
[url="http://www.fender.co.uk/products//search.php?partno=0194460723"]http://www.fender.co.uk/products//search.p...rtno=0194460723[/url]

Features:
3 band active EQ
noiseles pickups
Red paint with a fine sparkle effect. It may be the candy red colour I'm not sure.
18V pre-amp!
Fender hardcase

The bass is in very very good condition, almost new!

The bass is up for the bargain price of 850 pounds (saving about 200 on new price)

Edited by Wheres_One

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='43377' date='Aug 9 2007, 04:55 PM']:)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:

"I d gladly lose me to find you, gladly give up all i got,to find you im gonna run and never stop! Sorry!, wrong bargain! DOH!

Did you get yer strings homer?....

MB1. :)

There seems to be a control knob missing on one of the pots. What looks like the words" my credit card bills" are reflected in the control plate.So i gather this is cash only and no trades/swaps?.

[quote name='MB1' post='43384' date='Aug 9 2007, 04:10 PM']MB1. :)

"I d gladly lose me to find you, gladly give up all i got,to find you im gonna run and never stop! Sorry!, wrong bargain! DOH!

Did you get yer strings homer?....[/quote]

I did!! Just about to unpack and apply - thanks MB1 :huh:

[quote name='niceguyhomer' date='Aug 9 2007, 05:44 PM' post='43401']
I did!! Just about to unpack and apply - thanks MB1 :)

MB1. :huh:
Please feel free to praise me to the skys on my newly opened "why do you use capital letters"? MB1. FEEDBACK.

[quote name='MB1' post='43388' date='Aug 9 2007, 05:22 PM']MB1. :)

There seems to be a control knob missing on one of the pots. What looks like the words" my credit card bills" are reflected in the control plate.So i gather this is cash only and no trades/swaps?.[/quote]

The bass is up here because I felt like a change, colour wise (yes, very fickle I know) so I would consider a swap. I really like how this bass plays and sounds (I even considered having it repainted but figured that probably wasn't wise and it would be better to leave it with its original finish) so I'm really looking for another active jazz, may be even the Victor Bailey bass, but I'm open to offers/suggestions. The Fender Lyte that's for sale is mine too, so I was thinking of selling them and using the money for a new bass (hence the 'bargain' price they're up for)...I wasn't too hopeful of doing well in a trade in at a shop. Does anyone have any recommendations for bass shops?

Ha ha, It's taken me all afternoon to work out where 'my credit card bills' came from, it's actually the writing on the T-shirt I was wearing when I took the photos. The t-shirt has a time line on it that reads:

"Born____________Die.................Pay My Credit Card Bills"

But no I'm not selling the bass to pay off my credit card, I don't even have one.

Well spotted on the control knob though. The knob is waiting for me to get my allen key out and put it back on, it seems to have worked its way loose. Don't worry, it's not missing.

[quote name='Wheres_One' post='43477' date='Aug 9 2007, 08:17 PM']The bass is up here because I felt like a change, colour wise (yes, very fickle I know) so I would consider a swap. I really like how this bass plays and sounds (I even considered having it repainted but figured that probably wasn't wise and it would be better to leave it with its original finish) so I'm really looking for another active jazz, may be even the Victor Bailey bass, but I'm open to offers/suggestions. The Fender Lyte that's for sale is mine too, so I was thinking of selling them and using the money for a new bass (hence the 'bargain' price they're up for)...I wasn't too hopeful of doing well in a trade in at a shop. Does anyone have any recommendations for bass shops?
Ha ha, It's taken me all afternoon to work out where 'my credit card bills' came from, it's actually the writing on the T-shirt I was wearing when I took the photos. The t-shirt has a time line on it that reads:

"Born____________Die.................Pay My Credit Card Bills"

But no I'm not selling the bass to pay off my credit card, I don't even have one.

Well spotted on the control knob though. The knob is waiting for me to get my allen key out and put it back on, it seems to have worked its way loose. Don't worry, it's not missing.[/quote]

Most shops will give you roughly 50-60% of what they think they can sell it at if you buy something of greater valve. Some shops will charge 15% to sell it for you.

I looked around and these basses are £1100 new street price. Thomann sell them for £900. £850 used might be ok if it's mint but i can understand raised eyebrows at the use of the word bargain.

Personally I use the ration of 50%-75% of the street price new cost depending on how popular the item is at any given time.
Obviously the general financial state of this country has ift's effect. The only thing I could see being really expensive are rare stuff like Roscoes. However these are going at £900-1100 on this forum. Faced with that your bass is IMHO priced a little high.

You can put your bass up at whatever you like. THis forum has a tradition of commenting on prices. Like it or hate it. So IMHO keep the bass. By a beater and play that for a while. It will be cheaper than selling yours for something similar.

Chris

[quote name='CS2' post='43520' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:44 PM']Most shops will give you roughly 50-60% of what they think they can sell it at if you buy something of greater valve. Some shops will charge 15% to sell it for you.

I looked around and these basses are £1100 new street price. Thomann sell them for £900. £850 used might be ok if it's mint but i can understand raised eyebrows at the use of the word bargain.

Personally I use the ration of 50%-75% of the street price new cost depending on how popular the item is at any given time.
Obviously the general financial state of this country has ift's effect. The only thing I could see being really expensive are rare stuff like Roscoes. However these are going at £900-1100 on this forum. Faced with that your bass is IMHO priced a little high.

You can put your bass up at whatever you like. THis forum has a tradition of commenting on prices. Like it or hate it. So IMHO keep the bass. By a beater and play that for a while. It will be cheaper than selling yours for something similar.

Chris[/quote]

Thanks for the advice...I like the openess of basschat people.

There are a lot of numbers going on in your reply, so...

[center][b]I'm open to any reasonable offers for the bass.[/b][/center]

Thanks again Chris.

[quote name='Wheres_One' post='43538' date='Aug 9 2007, 11:08 PM']Thanks for the advice...I like the openess of basschat people.

There are a lot of numbers going on in your reply, so...

[center][b]I'm open to any reasonable offers for the bass.[/b][/center]

Thanks again Chris.[/quote]

You are welcome. Hope the sale goes through. Have a bump as well.