Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass LMII power supply

bellyfunk

Hi all,

Thought I would let you know that my treasured LMII went pop just before Christmas. As it is nearly 2 years old I took it to Steve [url="http://www.stevesamps.co.uk/index.html"]www.stevesamps.co.uk[/url]. Steve identified a couple of shorts straight away and quickly put in replacement parts only for these to blow immediately. He went out to Mark Bass for help but they were all away at the NAMM show so only recently replied, putting him in touch with their UK parts suppliers. Steve said the guys at Mark bass and their suppliers could not have been more helpful (even if they did take over a month to get back to him).
Anyway, to get to the point of the post (eventually) the problem was being caused by the power supply. Steve tells me this is similar to a standard PC power supply and looks like something of a weak link in otherwise a very well put together amp. It cost me £160 including Steve's very modest fee to fix so beware.
All that said, I looked around the forum and could not find another one of these failing so perhaps I just got the one lemon in the bunch. Would not like to put anyone off buying one of these, great little amp.

By the way, I Would highly recommend Steve if you have any amp problems, nice guy, very knowledgeable and very reasonable.

Thanks

BellyFunk

Mine cut out a couple of gigs ago and came back in 2 mins later. It's been fine since though and the venue is know for dodgy mains power.
Funny thing is the blue light was still on, yet i tried my bass directly into the amp and still nothing.

Fingers crossed though!

Also i use decent quality kettle lead from an old bass amp

I think waynepunkdude is currently running the black market in kettle leads so why not give him a shout?