Why become a member? ×

Hi Everyone

stevefletch59

I've been browsing this site for a while now, lots of good info and advice, so I thought it was about time to sign up. My name is Steve, I'll be 50 this year and I live in a village called Wentworth in South Yorkshire. I've been playing Bass about five years now, played six string acoustic before that, still do a bit. I'm in two bands at the moment, a classic rock covers band and an originals band ( the music is a kind of cross between Johnny Cash, Queen and Metallica with a bit of Black Sabbath thrown in ). As for gear my main bass is an American P that I've customised with Bassline Quarter pounders, I've put the jazz one in the bridge position and added a Bad Ass III bridge. I also have a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz and an EBMM Stingray. I use a Mark Bass LMK with a Sansamp Driver and a BBE Sonic Maximiser through an Ampeg cab ( Soon to be Bergantino I hope ). My other interests are Rugby Union and trying to beat my step daughter at Mario Kart, which I never do.

Looking forward to chatting and sharing views and info with you all, It's nice to be on board.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by stevefletch59

Welcome Steve - hope you enjoy the forum. Sounds like you're a busy man with a chunky rig.

Love the idea of a Cash / Queen / Metallica / Sabs outfit. I ask myself - "What manner of man is it, that has the b*lls to carry that off?" - and the answer comes back - a Rugby man!

Good luck with your two bands and [i]better[/i] luck with the Mario Kart ;)

Edited by skankdelvar

Welcome Steve,

From another mature bass player!

I like the choice of music matey. I tell you what, I've been toying with the idea of putting a 'P' Quarterpounder in one of my basses... I've got the pickup but never got 'round to installing it. What difference has the change made?

..... and what's all this then, a Union fan in a hot bed of League?

Cheers,

Mart

Thanks for the welcome guys.

The p bass was one with the S1 switch, which I wasn't too keen on and never used. The quarter pounder has really bumped up the output and given the tone a richness, almost active like. If you're ever nearby you're welcome to come and give it a go.

Re the rugby, your right it is a big League area but I live just outside Rotherham ( who I used to play for ) and there is a good Union following here.

Most rugby players I know are crap at Mario Kart !

Cheers

Steve