Why become a member? ×

[quote name='Dogame' post='400092' date='Feb 4 2009, 03:52 PM']Ibanez Les Paul Performer 150 -> Condition: E-. A great made in Japan guitar from the golden era. Produced in 1981, as serial indicates, this was one of the last copies Ibanez did because of the lawsuit process against them. As a result, this is one of the rare guitars with the new logo.[/quote]
Sorry if it looks like I'm splitting hairs here - but the Ibanez PF series absolutely DO NOT qualify as "lawsuit" Les Paul copies. Ibanez, like most Japanese brands, stopped producing copy instruments around 1977, as a result of threatened legal action - there was no actual lawsuit. The PF was the resultant [u]replacement[/u] for the Les Paul copies, and was introduced in 1977. It's certainly in the style of the LP but is not a copy.

As far as the logo is concerned, the old "spaghetti" logo was also phased out around 77/78, so by 1981, all Ibanez guitars had carried the bold italic logo for several years. This would have been on all the PFs apart from the early '77 serial ones, and would have continued until the model was phased out in 1982, due to the falling popularity of LP type guitars at that time.

Anyway - realistically it would be easier for people to know if they have something of suitable value for trade if you'd say how much you want for the guitars. I have a bit of a fetish for old JapCrap - and too many basses - so I can't help but be curious... ;)

Jon.

OK, sorry if I commented something without checking out some info.
It is, anyway, a 1981 (serial number denotes) guitar, which is one of the last ones ever made.
I was told by the seller that the quality of Japan-made instruments went down around mid-80s, so I supposed that this was pretty good, as the lead guitar of "Parking Fox" (a band with 20 years on the road) also told me these copies were the closest to "the real thing" he had, a Gibson Les Paul Custom who played the same night I talked to him. It is, actually, a great quality guitar.

Actually, I was thinking of a price between GBP 450 - 500. It doesn't seem to have been used too much these years. The seller told me he bought a Fender Stratocaster not much later because of Rory Gallagher, an important influence on Madrid (the seller's city) for future guitar heroes by that time. That's probably the main reason he didn't played it too much.

Fender Lead One about 400-450 (the neck isn't original).

But I hear offers anyway.

Edited by Dogame

• 3 weeks later...