Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TRADED: Jack Read custom 4-string NAMM bass

nobodysprefect

This is a lovely bass with quality at the same level as, say, a Spector or a Skjold, but cleaner. Jack's a very, very, neat man. Selling as four strings just isn't happening for me any more. It's also a monster to play, and can be set up even for tapping-style action without rattles. Has highly versatile tones with lots of clarity and surprisingly open and dynamic tone for a neck-through bass. Must be the tone chambers in it.

Features:
5-piece maple neck with walnut or stringers. Comfortable and quick D-shape.
Pau ferro fingerboard
mahogany body with tone chambers
flame maple top, built as Jack's NAMM showpiece
EMG DC40 pickups, EMG 3-band electronics w/ sweep mid <- I think the sweepable mids make all the difference

This bass does wonderful fingerstyle sounds from p- to j-country with a detour in MM-land. An amazing player with a pick, and can get really close to that rick with a pick with an OD if you want it. Slap-wise you get again lots of variation because of the sweepmids.

Comes with a really nice Levy's gig bag and I'll throw in an SKB bass safe if required.

EDIT: Wellllll the exchange rate swung so: price reduction! GBP 680 plus shipping! This is a really light bass so the shipping cost will be on the low side. Also, don't be afraid to offer trades, partial trades, upward trades, whatnot! Every message gets a guaranteed reply!

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks really nice - very Ken Smith(ish)?

I also wanted to say that if anyone is at all wary of trading with NP becuase he's based in Finland then they needn't be.

Aprt from being a really nice guy he's 100% reliable to deal with. I actually bought quite an expensive bass from him & he shipped it over to me before I'd even paid any sort of deposit. In fact it actually arrived at my house (perfectly packaged) before my money transfer had gone through :)

[quote name='molan' post='536498' date='Jul 9 2009, 02:59 PM']Looks really nice - very Ken Smith(ish)?

I also wanted to say that if anyone is at all wary of trading with NP becuase he's based in Finland then they needn't be.

Aprt from being a really nice guy he's 100% reliable to deal with. I actually bought quite an expensive bass from him & he shipped it over to me before I'd even paid any sort of deposit. In fact it actually arrived at my house (perfectly packaged) before my money transfer had gone through :)[/quote]
Thanks Barrie..

I may be interested in this so that put me at ease!!

Many thanks Barrie!

I'm NOT in the habit of sending a bass before a payment nor did he require it - just something that came about from my judging him trustworthy by his feedback and the fact that the Spector DID have a bump. I much appreciate his approval! Yay for britons! (Dare I say [i]English[/i]? :) )