Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie 1X12" 300W Walkabout Scout

Jonnerz26

I'm selling my beautiful Mesa Boogie Walkabout. I bought this amp last year and since then it has not been gigged or used in any band practices at all. It has only been used for personal practices. The amp has the instructions, factory tag still attached and a cool amp cover to keep this beast in tip top condition. The amp is in 100% working and aesthetical order. No marks, scrapes or anything! I will upload some pictures tomorow as it is a bit late now.

100% genuine reason for sale.

Full specs are available on the Mesa Boogie website.

Delivery
I can post but it will probably be expensive!
You can collect from me in Somerset.
Or you can Collect it from Reading on the 18th and 19th of August as I will be there to play some paintball.

Open to SENSIBLE offers

If paying by pay pal then add 4%
Cash accepted
Bank transfer accepted
No cheques.

thank you for looking

Jon :)

Hmm, I saw this ad and thought 'that sounds like it could be a great little practise amp' and then saw how much they sell for new! FYI, Electromusic had one in used with full flightcase for £795 - presumably you are looking around the £650+ mark?

Edited by G-bitch

[quote name='G-bitch' post='42757' date='Aug 8 2007, 09:31 AM']Hmm, I was thinking 'that sounds like a great little practise amp' and then saw the new price! For reference Electromusic had one in used with full flightcase for £795.[/quote]

Is this a cross-post? I'm confused

The amp Head itself weighs 13 Pounds, I'm not sure on the cabinet weight though, I will certainly find out.

I'm looking at sensible offers at this point in time, feel free to PM me one.

I have seen a Walkabout Scout used in large gigs and it can handle itself very well so this amp is not just for use with band practice, it can be used for a wide array of applications.

Specs
300 Watts @ 4 Ohms (165 @ 8), Simul-State™ Power / 6 Tube Driven Power MOSFET’s,
2x12AX7Active/Passive Input Switch

4 Stage Vacuum Tube Preamplifier featuring Gain, Active Bass & Treble, Passive Mid and a 3-Band Semi Parametric EQ that provides 15db of cut or boost from 30Hz
to 12K Hz

Main Output Level Control

FX Loop w/True “Hard” Bypass Switch

Balanced Direct Line Output with Level Control & Ground Lift Switch

2 – 1/4” Speaker
Outputs

Fan Cooled

Player Control™ Network featuring: Selectable 3-point Crossover (3k/4k/5k), Premium Horn Attenuator & Instant Reset Horn Protection

Slip Cover

12" Neodymium Speaker

8" Passive Radiator

Player Control™ Network featuring: Selectable 3-point Crossover (3k/4k/5k), Premium Horn Attenuator & Instant Reset Horn Protection

4 Ohm

Jon :)

[quote name='Jonnerz26' post='43823' date='Aug 10 2007, 04:10 PM']Hi mate, I play tournament paintball and I'm wanting to buy a new paintball marker (gun) so thats why I am wanting a quick sale :)[/quote]

I reckon if you turned the amp on its side and loaded the radiator with bullets (pellets?) you could use the amp as a machine gun.

My fingers are crossed about my offer.

[quote name='odub' post='43828' date='Aug 10 2007, 04:19 PM']I reckon if you turned the amp on its side and loaded the radiator with bullets (pellets?) you could use the amp as a machine gun.

My fingers are crossed about my offer.[/quote]

Semi Automatic only markers are permitted :) good idea but I could never get paint near that amp. Besides our markers (guns) can shoot 30 balls per second (but a Rate of Fire cap is put in place and we are only allowed to fire 15). I will send you a PM in a min odub

[quote name='jwbassman' post='43912' date='Aug 10 2007, 06:31 PM']you must be pretty serious about this paintballing to be buying your own weapon... selling your amp, does that mean you're giving up the bass?[/quote]

We play tournament paintball so we have to buy all of our own kit (markers (guns), Hopper, Air bottle etc). We don't play armies or dress in camo by the way!. We play a version called "speedball" :)

Sold Pending payment to odub :huh:

It has got to be gloss, the smell and its thickness would make it the most effective :) failing that proper paintball wise has to be RPS Marbalizer (actually stains your skin because the paint is so bright also the pigment is made from titanium oxide) it costs £30-£40 per 2000.

What people use on "punter days" - you turn up with your mates, wear camo and act out all of yor childhood or army "fantasties" is actually the lowest grade paint you can buy. - The shell is hard (meaning less breaks) and the fill is dull (meaning you have 2 shoot more so you can see a valid hit) This all adds up to more money for the site owner. But as with all business they do have to make profit somewhere and if any of you have eaten at a paintball site you will know it is not the food! :huh: I might start up a thread in the "Off topics section" if you guys want some more infomation so it doesnt clog up the classifieds.

Jon :huh:

Edited by Jonnerz26