Why become a member? ×

Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah - Mounting to pedalboard?

EskimoBassist

Okay so I HAVE researched this a fair bit, but I'm still left confused. There has to be a simple answer! I use a flat, diago pedalboard and so I would like to mount my wah like I would any other pedal, but of course I am limited by the STUPID FRIGGIN OVERLY LONG SCREWS!!!

So I have seen the Wah mounting plates you can order from America, which is not really an option, especially with the current exchange rate and the blatent extortion that is shipping costs.

Of course, I could just take out the screws and feet and tape the bass plate to the wah main body, correct? However I'm thinking possible resale value here, surely no-one wants a wah plastered in duct tape!!!

I think the most logical solution is to instead buy appropriately lengthed screws, HAZARRR!!!

Now where would I go about doing this? Or should I just tape it up and stop being such a whiney little b*tch?

Cheers, Rich

Either use shorter screws and flip the bottom plate over to save gunking up the bottom face, or make a spacer plate to replace the rubber feet. Someone over a Talkbass did this by making a wedge plate out of floppy disks, attaching Velcro to that and screwing it to the bottom of the wah.

DO NOT tape the bottom plate if you ever plan to take the tape off, i did, and the tape took the the paint right off, but you coul take the plate off and flip it round, and tape that gently, i it's gonna be living ona board it doesnt ed to be on too securely, that's what i'd do