Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockbass Corvette 5 String

Dan_Nailed

Selling this for Lee formerly of Ebony Lake. He bought it for £450 in 2008 but hasn't used it at all, it was a recording bass that he didn't actually record with and now he's asked me to sell it.

It's the 5 string Corvette Basic with active electronics, this being treble boost/cut and bass boost/cut, volume and blend. Passive MEC Jazz pickups. The guitar is basically new, with no belt rash, no scratches, plastic still on cavity cover and the Warwick Black Label strings still have their zing. It really is immaculate.

Also included is a Gator hardcase, and I reckon a fair price for the bass + case is [b]£300[/b]. Shipping will be about £20 but I'd rather come and meet you with it for petrol money, unless you can come to Greater Manchester and pick it up for nowt.

Cheers,
Dan

[email protected]

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='394477' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:37 PM']I thought they only ever made them in China and Taiwan?[/quote]

The early ones were made in Korea. I have a 5-string natural coloured one with what looks like an ash body. Absoloutely great sound out of it and I want one in black.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='395434' date='Jan 30 2009, 02:51 PM']The early ones were made in Korea. I have a 5-string natural coloured one with what looks like an ash body. Absoloutely great sound out of it and I want one in black.[/quote]

Are you sure? My 2002 issue of Bass Player with the review of this bass in says Made in China in the tech specs.

Anyway, what's the difference in quality, if there even is one between Asian manufacturers these days.

EDIT: Also you wouldn't get an ash-bodied Rockbass in black - the solid gloss finishes use alder bodies so it wouldn't sound quite the same.

Edited by Dan_Nailed