I went down to the Barefaced factory yesterday to check out the size and weight of their cabs because I'm looking to change my Aguilars (DB115 & DB210) to a single, smaller, lighter cabinet (at 73 I'm getting past lugging heavy stuff around now).  It seems the Big Twin 2 should do the trick, so before I order one does anyone want to sell or swap their Big Twin2?  The Aguilars (excellent condition, almost as new, I have the original packaging) will be up for sale as soon as I take delivery of the Big Twin, so if anyone wants to register an interest?  

Edited by Basilpea

Good move, but move this add to Amps & Cabs for sale - and perhaps an ad in Items Wanted - you'll get more interest there (you can still indicate that you only want to trade, but to be honest, there's nearly always a couple of Big Twins or similar for sale here, so a cash sale for your Aggies might still work best for you). 

Edited by Beedster

Thanks for the advice, just got to work out how to do that.

12 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Good move, but move this add to Amps & Cabs for sale - and perhaps an ad in Items Wanted - you'll get more interest there (you can still indicate that you only want to trade, but to be honest, there's nearly always a couple of Big Twins or similar for sale here, so a cash sale for your Aggies might still work best for you). 

1 minute ago, Basilpea said:

Thanks for the advice, just got to work out how to do that.

Start a new ad might be quickest :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So as I wrote in another post last night I fell in love with my first bass ever and old main an Aria Pro II Laser Electric Classic last night.
      But while the neck/midle position pickup which is an about big soapbar size humbucker, I assume split coil reverse P like pickup judging from the pole pieces, has a quite high output, a nice fairly aggressive character and sounds amazing the bridge J type pickup sounds really weak, thin and anemic, so I am pondering on replacing it.
      However a regular J pickup won't fit into the cavity as the screw holes on this is at the ends of the length of the pickup, missing room for the screw hole ears on the side, though, except for missing the side screw hole ears, the cavity is slightly wider and longer than a regular J pickup cavity.
      To be exact the bridge pickup cavity is about 26.5mm (1.043") wide , 119mm (4.685") long, and the string spacing at the bridge pickup placement is about 16.5mm (0.65").
      This as far as I have been able to conclude makes room for either a Tele bass type pickup, though the pole spacing of those will be way too close together for the actual string spacing of my bass at the bridge pickup cavity, or a Strat guitar pickup, which, to make sure it covers the strings, would have to be a blade style one, I have checked and the blade would typically be just about 60mm long, while the overall string span at the bridge pickup on my bass is just about 50mm (I don't actually care about some of the cavity being left not filled out by the pickup at all).
      So far having looked through Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio's offerings for blade Strat pickups, particularly judging from the DC Resistance/Output and tone profile information on the home pages, the DiMarzio DP182 Fast Track 2 blade humbucker Strat guitar pickup seems to be closest to the the kind of pickup I would be looking for, which is high output, pronounced mids and not too pronounced highs, but I am definitely open to other suggestions that'll fit those criteria and will fit the pickup cavity.
      So anyone got any suggestions to alternatives I should look into for this?
      Here's a pickture of the pickups in my Aria Pro II Laser Electric to give you a better idea :

• By Jorge MS
      US made Fender Highway One P Bass from 2006-2007 in black. Great condition with minor blemishes as shown in the pictures. This has a nitro finish, Badass Bridge and a great neck. Recently restrung with Fender 7250, 45-100. Comes with TGI ABS hardshell case.
      Collection from Sevenoaks, or can arrange pick up from central London.
      £645 ONO

• By TrioRec
      The pverbial D'sB's!
      Up to 1600watts  ... but can run sweetly off 50watts ...
      Just 22.5kgs.
      30-22khz
      4ohm
      Perfect condition ... barely been out of first gear.
      Cover included.

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So I ordered 4 pieces of neodymium magnets that size wise should fit pretty closely to the 4 ceramic magnets that is glued to each side of the pole pieces of the 2 split coil parts of my DeMarzio Model P, P pickup.
      If I go through with this what should I expect, beside increased output, tone wise?
      And since these neodymium magnets are supposed to be much stronger than the current original ceramic ones, would it be wiser to only use 2 of the 4 neodymium magnets that I bought, as in just placing 1 neodymium magnet right beneath the pole pieces of each of the P pickup's 2  coils, instead of using all 4 by placing 1 on each side of the pole pieces, as is currently the case with the 4 original ceramic ones?
      Also if so, will that have influence on the pickup's tone as well?
    • By gregouille23
      TRADED
      Hello,
      I am considering parting ways with this stunning piece of art created by AC Guitars. I recently acquired it from @Bass Wielder (thanks again Michael!). I love everything about this bass: it looks and sounds amazing (those humbuckers... yummy), I had never played an instrument so resonant before, it just sings. So why consider selling it? Well I already have a fretless 4 and I realized that I would rather have a fretted 6er than a fretless 5. The fretless 4 is sufficient for my needs and I am quite interested in exploring the (hopefully) wonderful world of 6 string bass. This is why I would not only consider but possibly prefer a trade against a good 6er. I don't mind adding/receiving a small part in cash to compensate any difference in value between this gorgeous ACG and your lovely fretted 6 😉
      Ideally I would prefer 6er with narrower string spacing (< 19 mm, 17.5 or below being my preference) and a reasonable weight (4.5 kg/10 lbs or below).
      The ACG weighs about 4.5 kg according to my bathroom scale and comes in the Hiscox case you can see on the picture. The bass is in excellent state, no specific dings or scratches as far as I can see. I was built around 2014 if I remember correctly. Here are the specs straight from the ACG website ( http://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0172-finn-r-type-fretless-5/ )
      Scale: 35'' Top and Back Wood: Flame Redwood Body Wood: Black Limba Accent Veneer: Black Body Finish: Satin Lacquer Neck Wood: 5 piece Mac Ebony/Ash/Wenge Fingerboard: Acrylic Impregnate Birdseye Maple, 26 fret partial fretlines Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer Pickups: 2 x ACG FB humbuckers Hardware details: Hipshot Type A bridge, Gotoh GB 350 Resolite tuners, Dunlop Straplocks, DR Sunbeam strings, Luminlay side dots Pre-amp: ACG DFM 5K/AP Below is also the original posting from @Bass Wielder

I live in Belgium, near Antwerp.