Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Trace Twin Valve Warning

SS73

Up for sale again is a Twin Valve Amp Head in Germany. Item number 170297583345
I first saw and bid on this about 6 months ago, I was eventually out bid, then a couple of weeks later its up again on ebay, so I ask what happened and how come its up for sale again? to which he replies, ''oh the buyer didn't pay'', ok fair enough, so I bid again and eventually am out bid buy a bidder who has only ever bid on this guy's items ''mmm somethin fishy'', so I mail him to ask if this time its gone and it wasen't one of his mates bidding the item up, '' sorry its sold mate''. Surprise Surprise its back on with the same seller, bid away guys, but chances are you'll be runner up.
Part of the description reads '' Ever seen one on ebay before?, me neither'', funny I've seen this one 3 times now!!!!.

Cheers, Sean.

Edited by SS73

[quote name='sixshooter' post='392664' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:53 PM']What didn't it go for last time and the time before?

Maybe we can get it there quicker? :brow:[/quote]
:) I think first off I bid £180 and it went for 220/240, second time around I bid the same and it went for 311!!! ;)

Just thinking may be the guy just had real bad luck with his winning buyers?, does that sound like I'm backing down :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, SOLD at £444 ???? with 1200 views, was he just lucky or does this seller really have the knack. Interesting to see the bidder history though.
Should those of us who already have a Twin valve start to think of selling?, I can't remember the last Twin sale on ebay, but I think it was near the £200 mark.
Ahh, the wonders of ebay.... ;)

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='393141' date='Jan 27 2009, 08:32 PM']Don't sweat it, I reckon you've good reason to harbour suspicions...[/quote]

If you check the feedback carefully the negative feedback is from an employee of ebay. His comment is that he shill bid from a linked account. From the comments above it seems he's not afraid of a good hiking of the the price.

He does have a good bit of gear on ebay from time to time though, but it does always seem to go for top dollar! If you want the kit, and you're prepared for him to manipulate the price a bit, then you may get what you want. You may have to sell your house though!