Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig vs SansAmp Bass Driver DI

prowla

Has anybody compared the Bass Fly Rig against a SansAmp Bass Driver DI pedal?

Bassflyrig2v2-1024x231.png

138105-tmpE0A5.jpg?w=700&h=700&fit=fill&

I've been thinking about whether to swap to the Fly Rig, but if the SansAmp section isn't is as good as the standalone pedal, then the convenience and other features it offers just don't matter.

The drive section on the Fly Rig is modelled after the VT Bass, and there's a few comparisons between the VT and BDDI on Youtube.

You lose the blend on the Fly Rig, which might be a deal breaker to some. Also in my opinion the quality of the other effects is not great, I'd opt for adding separates instead.

4 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

The drive section on the Fly Rig is modelled after the VT Bass, and there's a few comparisons between the VT and BDDI on Youtube.

You lose the blend on the Fly Rig, which might be a deal breaker to some. Also in my opinion the quality of the other effects is not great, I'd opt for adding separates instead.

I've got a VT Bass and a BDDI; I reckon the VT Bass sounds like it's in the next room, whereas the BDDI makes it come alive!