Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass 4x10 cab

Mr Fudge

I have he SA450 MB head that I am currently running through my old Ashdown 4x10. Potentially I may be part ex-ing and getting a decent deal on a 4x10 markbass cab. I have read all the threads about mark bass and some of the indifference to the cabs from people who have used other higher end cabs.

My problem is that I dont have time to try some of the more illustrious cabs mentioned here. Even in Birmingham its Trace and Ashdown et al and I am reluctant to buy blind even with all the knowledgeable input here.

Is it worth a punt on the markbass 4x10? Will it make a huge difference from my Ashdown 4x10. I wouldn't get to know until I gig it, even if I do crank it up in the shop.

Cheers.

I owned a MarkBass Rig... SA450 410 & 115

loads of volume which is impressive as hell initially, just found the sound really hollow and lacking any weight and presence in a band situation.

I'd say there are better options in the 410 market (IMHO) to partner the excellent head you have.

I guess you've got to ask what's wrong (if anything) with your current amp/cab set up, the MB cab will sound different to your Ashdown, but you may not like it.....

Is it change for the sake of a good deal ? if so..... consider it carefully, there may be better ways to spend your hard earned

ATB

Mark

[quote name='Marcus' post='389405' date='Jan 23 2009, 10:56 AM']I owned a MarkBass Rig... SA450 410 & 115

loads of volume which is impressive as hell initially, just found the sound really hollow and lacking any weight and presence in a band situation.

I'd say there are better options in the 410 market (IMHO) to partner the excellent head you have.

I guess you've got to ask what's wrong (if anything) with your current amp/cab set up, the MB cab will sound different to your Ashdown, but you may not like it.....

Is it change for the sake of a good deal ? if so..... consider it carefully, there may be better ways to spend your hard earned

ATB

Mark[/quote]

Cheers Marcus, what did you go for?