Why become a member? ×

FS/FT G&L ASAT in Honeyburst

tonyf

Howdy all!

***** PRICE DROP TO £560 because I want to buy Josh's Spector!! ;)
***** also open to trades, let me know what you've got!

Up for sale is my G&L ASAT semi hollow in Honeyburst with a RW neck.

Absolutely fantastic bass with a typically cultured and punchy G&L growl in the region of a Precision on steroids but with a underlying Ray vibe. Looks/plays like a fabulously looking/playing thing.

Don't think the fact that it's a semi-hollow makes it sound acoustic. The hollow chamber is on the upper section of the body only (under the f-hole). This consequently gives you a full on electric electric bass but the hollow chamber gives the tone a little more life and makes the traditional tones breathe a little more.

Really playable jazzish feeling neck (not chunky at all), MFD pickups into the extremely flexible G&L preamp. Controls are vol/bass boost/treble boost with switches for pickup selection, series/parallel and treble boost/active/passive. Despite the many options available on the preamp, they're all great sounding and very usable. It comes with an original G&L hardcase.

It's a great bass and I'm only thinking about letting it go as it's sat at home now gathering dust since I got my 62 Reissue Precision. The P fits the covers/functions gig more as it's a "bash it about" traditional sounding "thumpy" bass tone, it's visually more traditional for a traditional rock gig and it means I can care a little less about it when I gig than I would do with the sexy looking and sounding ASAT.

All the very best
Tony

[attachment=18882:_DSC4475.JPG][attachment=18883:_DSC4482.JPG][attachment=18884:_DSC4489.JPG]
[attachment=18885:_DSC4492.JPG][attachment=18886:_DSC4494.JPG][attachment=18881:_DSC4471.JPG]

Edited by tonyf

[quote name='rayfw' post='389186' date='Jan 23 2009, 12:25 AM']I would absolutely love this. It looks fantastic IMO and I bet those MFDs sound great.
If my Precision sells in the near future I'll be in touch. Otherwise good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Cheers Ray,

The MFD's sound absolutely huge. Great punchy tone but a simple roll off of the treble and into passive gives you a great P'esque thump.

P'esque.....if that's not a word, it should be! ;)

Just had a look at your Precision ([url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31526"]Ray's P Bass[/url]). Wow. That's a great looking bass at a such great price, can't believe no one has had that off you. Bloody credit crunch! The RW against the Pearl paintwork looks pretty special. Pity I've already got a Precision or I'd be up for a trade.

Good luck with the sale buddy.

T

• 2 weeks later...

my old bass and looking at the pics I'm missing her. thinking how I can afford it/what I can offer.

best of luck with the sale/trade tony, I sincerely hope it stays in the bc community so even if I dont get it this time,I may have the chance of being able to own it again in the future

cheers

Keir

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='417459' date='Feb 23 2009, 02:38 PM']best of luck with the sale/trade tony, I sincerely hope it stays in the bc community so even if I dont get it this time,I may have the chance of being able to own it again in the future[/quote]

Hi Kier,

How you doing mate?

Yep. It is indeed your old bass. Understand the feeling of regret, been there, done it. No doubt I'll be in the same position as soon as it's out the door considering my near legendary "getting rid of basses only to find you then land a gig where they'd sound fabulous" attitude to bass ownership.

[quote]my old bass and looking at the pics I'm missing her. thinking how I can afford it/what I can offer.[/quote]

Wanna swap back the Spector I traded you for it?! lol

All the best
T