Why become a member? ×

RB7 owners

William James Easton

How many Laney RB7 owners (or something along those lines) are playing their combo with an extension cab? The reason i ask is i am looking for a £50 cab to beef up the movement coming from my faithful noise box. I'm searching for anything speaker size wise but so far no luck. So if you have this kind of set up, let me know what i should look at. (seen something on telly, a cool looking 2X10 combo stacked on a 4x10 cab, was ace)

being perfectly honest, you are unlikely to get anything decent for £50 unless you are very lucky. I did see a Hartke 210 TP cab in Smack Generator for £69.

I used to have a similar setup to what you saw. I had a 7210 2x10" Trace combo with a 1048H cab underneath. It produced a healthy amount of bass but required an unhealthy amount of lifting to move the bugger. Tough as nails. the 4x10" survived a drop down a flight of stairs with the guitarist still holding onto it against a wall at the bottom with only a bit of a dent.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='385710' date='Jan 20 2009, 09:06 AM']being perfectly honest, you are unlikely to get anything decent for £50 unless you are very lucky. I did see a Hartke 210 TP cab in Smack Generator for £69.

I used to have a similar setup to what you saw. I had a 7210 2x10" Trace combo with a 1048H cab underneath. It produced a healthy amount of bass but required an unhealthy amount of lifting to move the bugger. Tough as nails. the 4x10" survived a drop down a flight of stairs with the guitarist still holding onto it against a wall at the bottom with only a bit of a dent.[/quote]

when i say £50 i mean as cheap as poss. or something really old knackered and smelly.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='William James Easton' post='385907' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:13 PM']just found one on ebay. but it's to far away and seller says NO POSTAGE! dang it.[/quote]
ask him if you could arrange courier? i sent a 100w laney combo for £12, we use an RB7 with a 1 X 15" warwick cab, in band practices, sounds awesome, i use a RB9 with 410 and a 115 laney cabs, great sound and really affordable, any cab with 8ohms will do you