Why become a member? ×

Hiya Folks

Hoppo75

Hiya to all,

I registered a week or so ago, and as I've already started posting, thought it fair to introduce myself. I've been playing for the best part of 20 years now, and absolutely love it. I cut my teeth playing in my parents country band, hence take influence from Michael Rhodes and the like. I'm a real big fan of the more progressive country artists though, think Rodney Crowells and Hal Ketchums. I must say though, I'll play anything, and have a knack of being able to play to suit the style, rather than just play something that fits, big difference I think. I'm very much a fan of Slap bass, in particular Marcus Miller, Mark King (of course) and the usual crowd. I'm currently stepping up my efforts to perfect my own slap/pull technique, so will hopefully nail it before I'm too old (hence the Jazz build coincidentally).
In terms of gear, I'm extremely lucky to own a rather gorgeous early 70's P bass, and I'm in the process of using an old Columbus Jazz as a donor for a new build. I play through a rather lovely old Trace 715 combo, which sounds awesome when coupled with the Precision.

Must say, this is an excellent website, and I have been made to feel very welcome with the few posts/comments I have made.