Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Ashdown MAG 115 Deep Cabinet **SOLD**

OutToPlayJazz

Bought this cab last night with the combo shown in the picture. Excellent cabinet & only a few months old. Only thing is that I need a 2x10 with hf horn to go with this combo. So if anyone's looking to offload a 2x10 & wants a nice 1x15, give me a shout. Otherwise, price collected is £90.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='383533' date='Jan 17 2009, 08:08 PM']Bought this cab last night with the combo shown in the picture. Excellent cabinet & only a few months old. Only thing is that I need a 2x10 with hf horn to go with this combo. So if anyone's looking to offload a 2x10 & wants a nice 1x15, give me a shout. Otherwise, price collected is £90.[/quote]

MB1. ;)
Thats Jazzbassmms House!....me thinks Watson! :P

Ummm, your choice OTPJ, but just to let you know I have a MAG210 combo and a 115T extra cab like yours.

I find using them together often leaves a bit of a "hole" in the sound.

I would guess it's due to cone phasing/filtering that Bill Fitzmaurice is often going on about. Without wishing to speak for him, I think the advice is not to mix driver sizes, i.e. stick with your 2 1x15 cabs.

I would certainly advise "try before you buy". I didn't and have never been that happy with mine when using both cabs. Thankfully, I rarely need the 115 because the 210 is usually potent enough on its own in the pub gigs I tend to play. It may also be the fact that when I do need the extra umph, it's usually an acoustically s**t stage area/venue, so may not actually be a fault.

Just my ten penneth. Good luck!

Edited by Huge Hands

• 3 weeks later...