Why become a member? ×

spector professional seriers bass

captainhaddock

I've played 2 and I dig the sound. I think Spector basses in general are great which is why I own 2 Euros! The Legend 6's I've played were a tad heavy but the tone made up for it. There was plenty of low end and It's easy to dial in a good growl. Some people accuse EMG pickups, especially the DCs and HZs (which are in the Legends, i think), of sounding harsh. They can sound harsh but all you have to do to change that is turn a few knobs so its really not as big a deal as many make it out to be. The bodies , as with all Spectors is really comfortable. I think the only thing that didn't thrill me about the bass was the fact the the back of the neck was very flat. The shape, based on how it felt, made me think of a trapezoid with rounded edges, though it probably isn't that extreme in actuality. I like thin necks but I also like them to be rounded so I have somewhere to grab a hold of. I would absolutely recommend one new ($670-ish USD) or used.

Spector Question Alert! Cetera Intervention Iminent!!!!

;)

Excellent basses those pro series, legends have a thicker neck profile than I would have liked but it's still a **** hot bass with a lot in common with thier bigger bros. In fact, it won a Bass Player 6 string shoot out between an Ibanez 506 and (random budget bass), so I would go for it.

Good-sounding bass - big, thick and with the trademark Spector growly mids. Although, as has already been mentioned, rather heavy and the one I tried had a serious tendency for neck dive. Not the most comfortable neck either, alas.

In that price range, I'd probably go for the Ibby SR506 or the 6-string Ibby BTB. That's my tastes though. But, if you can, try the Spector - if you're comfortable with it, go for it. ;)

The Legend 6ers are lovely basses indeed. i was going to go for one in natural bubinga but problems with order time cropped up (sound control was in the process of going up the spout), so i chose my current main bass instead (Indie IB 606). as has already been mentioned, if you like the EMG sound, go for it. the older model with the 3 band EQ is more attractive if you can find one but buy any model in the confidence that they are a lovely instrument. Again, as has been said, make sure youve had a chance to feel the neck, specially in first position before you part with your cash.
Hope this helps!
Ben

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='386263' date='Jan 20 2009, 03:38 PM']The Legend 6ers are lovely basses indeed. i was going to go for one in natural bubinga but problems with order time cropped up (sound control was in the process of going up the spout), so i chose my current main bass instead (Indie IB 606). as has already been mentioned, if you like the EMG sound, go for it. the older model with the 3 band EQ is more attractive if you can find one but buy any model in the confidence that they are a lovely instrument. Again, as has been said, make sure youve had a chance to feel the neck, specially in first position before you part with your cash.
Hope this helps!
Ben[/quote]
Cheers guys thanks for the info, all i`ve got to do now is wait untill march because they`re not available at the moment!