Why become a member? ×

Shuker J Bass, 4 string with East J Retro preamp
£950
BIDEFORD, Devon

Rainbass

I've decided the time has come to for selling my Shuker J Bass.

It is the Lake Placid Blue, "Herbie Flowers" stacked pots model, 4 strings, 34 inch scale and Lindy Fralin pickups. When I have recorded with it the studio engineers have always commented very positively on the tone of the pickups.
I've had it for about ten years (bought second hand from Bass Gear), and I had it modified by adding a John East J Retro active preamp.   

It has a couple of nicks in the top and bottom edges, which I have taken pictures of.  They were there when I bought it. It comes with the original Hiscox case.

Plays beautifully, and you can feel the quality, but it just isn't getting played enough anymore. 
It weighs about 4.5kg  (weighed on bathroom scales) and I am now playing lighter basses (to save my aging back) so I think it is time to see if there is a better home for it.

I'm not looking for a trade, as I'm running out of room to store the ones I have! I've attached some pictures, and will try and get better ones in the next few days.

Collection from Devon, or I can ship in the UK and Europe at the buyer's cost and with adequate insurance.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

• Like 7

I'm shocked how little Shukers change hands for.

I picked up a fretless a few years ago at an embarrassingly low price - can't say how much as the person I traded it with is trying to sell it here.

This is another that's being advertised at less than I would say it's worth.

As I sad "shocking".

GLWTS

• Like 1