Why become a member? ×

Ashdown New Mag Series

Mickyk

Hi guys,As a follow on really from my last post about trying to get that old school vintage sound,i have decided that i don't need another bass,i just put some  Adagio Flatwound Strings on my Yamaha BB424x and i have followed members advice on here.However i,m not quite there yet so i feel that a new Amp may compliment that for me illusive vintage sound i'm after.

So with that in mind i have been looking at the Ashdown MAG Series of Combo amps which i intend to use doing small gigs.I must say i like the look of them with the British Racing Green Front Panel,and the prices seem competitive from my local PMT in Nottingham.

Anyway my question is bearing in mind what i'm trying to achieve,which one should i go for.There are 3 , Starting out with a single 10 inch speaker,and one with 2 ten inch speakers and lastly one with a Single 15 inch speaker.

So come on help me decide will ya.cheers.

Here's a link....https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/products/bass/bassamplifiers/basscombo?manufacturer=922

22 hours ago, Mickyk said:

Hi guys,As a follow on really from my last post about trying to get that old school vintage sound,i have decided that i don't need another bass,i just put some  Adagio Flatwound Strings on my Yamaha BB424x and i have followed members advice on here.However i,m not quite there yet so i feel that a new Amp may compliment that for me illusive vintage sound i'm after.

So with that in mind i have been looking at the Ashdown MAG Series of Combo amps which i intend to use doing small gigs.I must say i like the look of them with the British Racing Green Front Panel,and the prices seem competitive from my local PMT in Nottingham.

Anyway my question is bearing in mind what i'm trying to achieve,which one should i go for.There are 3 , Starting out with a single 10 inch speaker,and one with 2 ten inch speakers and lastly one with a Single 15 inch speaker.

So come on help me decide will ya.cheers.

Here's a link....https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/products/bass/bassamplifiers/basscombo?manufacturer=922

I had a Mag 115, amazing sounding amp loads of features, sound wise hard to beat. How ever, fan can be a bit noisy  at home for practice( fine for rehearsal/gigging)and its very heavy and award to carry, and the 210 is even heavier, it's a right workout moving it about, and I am a big strong lad.

sound wise superb.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rollin Thunder said:

I had a Mag 115, amazing sounding amp loads of features, sound wise hard to beat. How ever, fan can be a bit noisy  at home for practice( fine for rehearsal/gigging)and its very heavy and award to carry, and the 210 is even heavier, it's a right workout moving it about, and I am a big strong lad.

sound wise superb.

The one i'm leaning towards is the C115 ,weighs in at 28 kg but i might just use it for home practice, interesting point about noisy fans,?would you say it is louder that a computer case fan,because i've just sprayed mine with some silicone spray seems to have worked .

See your point about the 210 it says it weighs in at 35 kg.

Edited by Mickyk
none

On 11/11/2019 at 20:15, Mickyk said:

The one i'm leaning towards is the C115 ,weighs in at 28 kg but i might just use it for home practice, interesting point about noisy fans,?would you say it is louder that a computer case fan,because i've just sprayed mine with some silicone spray seems to have worked .

See your point about the 210 it says it weighs in at 35 kg.

Fans not that noise, computer tower yes that's a fair comparison, it not seems loud at low volume practice, don't notice when it's cranked a bit.