Why become a member? ×

Tito Dalmedo basses

solo4652

[quote name='solo4652' post='378273' date='Jan 12 2009, 09:22 PM']I've spotted this:

[url="http://manchester.gumtree.com/manchester/85/28075985.html"]http://manchester.gumtree.com/manchester/85/28075985.html[/url]

Anybody have any experience of these basses, please? A google search doesn't produce much.

Steve[/quote]

A guy I work with knows him - fellow guitarist. The shop he works from is n Preston up here in the sunny north west.
I dont know anything about him personally but my mate takes his guitars (not bass's) to him to be set up.

If I can get any more information for you I will - do a search for Dalmedo guitars and you should get the site - its a little primitive tho.

This bass has been advertised on many occassions over the past months/years - it looks to be a very nice hand-built and probably quite a bargain at the current asking price. As far as I know, Dalmedo is much better known for his guitar-building (as opposed to bass-building) and I'm pretty sure that the bass is not a one-off home-build. I'd say this is well worth a punt (especially so given the inclusion of the case).

• 7 months later...

Well I chased up the ad, and went down to view the bass yesterday. My hunch was right about what i was expecting... this is handmade luthier quality stuff! She plays like a babe, with an ebony board, full mahogany body, kent armstrong active pickups and a beautiful sunburst finish. Needless to say, i'm very happy with my purchase, especially with the hard case thrown in. The only issue with the bass is the weight really. It's made out of a fair old slab of tree... Whilst this is a bit of pain whilst standing up, it really does enhance the tone, and the thing just resonates for days!

[quote name='tonallyguitars' post='583901' date='Aug 28 2009, 06:46 PM']Well I chased up the ad, and went down to view the bass yesterday. My hunch was right about what i was expecting... this is handmade luthier quality stuff! She plays like a babe, with an ebony board, full mahogany body, kent armstrong active pickups and a beautiful sunburst finish. Needless to say, i'm very happy with my purchase, especially with the hard case thrown in. The only issue with the bass is the weight really. It's made out of a fair old slab of tree... Whilst this is a bit of pain whilst standing up, it really does enhance the tone, and the thing just resonates for days![/quote]

I'm pleased this turned out to be the real deal - I had a good feeling about and and had given it serious consideration. Any chance of some good photos soon?