BassVentura-FretDetective

G&L L2000 Tribute (black/rosewood) SOLD
£400
Hove

They youngest and most eclectic of Leo Fender's deep-voiced children. Amazingly versatile with its ridiculous number (18?) of tonal options. Tribute series ship with the same pups as the US models so they sound like a lot shinier than lots of others in this price range.

Owned from new; bought from PMT London last year for around £520 but isn't getting the attention it deserves. Excellent condition and set-up with new strings a couple of months ago.

Come and have a play in sunny Hove. Open to shipping. Now £350.

IMG_4769.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

IMG_4772.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4776.jpeg

Edited by BassVentura-FretDetective
  • Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gyrus
      Back on sale is this beautiful G&L SB-2, made in the USA in 1996, with an ash body, maple neck and FB, in great condition, ready to be played.

The controls were modified to concentric stacked knobs for volume of the neck and bridge pickups, plus a tone control.

The bass weighs 3.81 Kg (8.4 lbs). It’s OHSC is included, but look at the photos for reference.
    • By uncle psychosis
      Don't really want to sell this but I've finally accepted that when I think "bass" I think "passive Fender" and I can't justify keeping this one, as good as it is. Bought brand new by me circa 2014. I believe that the Tribute M-2000 has been discontinued by G&L and from what I can see this finish was one of the harder to find ones.  £450 seems a sensible starting point given the cost when new, as well as the silly priced ones I've seen elsewhere. 
      G&L M-2000 Tribute GTS TB - bit of a mouthfull, but essentially its a Tribute M-2000, in a lovely translucent black finish (a nightmare to photograph ), with top-binding as well as a lovely carved/shaped top a bit like you get on Fender aerodyne models. Black headstock. 
      The electronics are seriously powerful - an active preamp (unlike the L2000 there is no passive mode), with volume, pan, and 3-band boost/cut EQ with centre detents. Two humbucking MFD pickups. There's a lot of sounds in here but the controls are very simple to understand. 34" bolt-on neck. 
      Neck is really nice, smaller than the baseball bat you get on the L2000. Currently strung with some fender roundwounds that have hardly been played. 
      I would really rather not post this, so collection from Burntisland, Fife - or can potentially meet in/around the West End of Edinburgh during the week. If you really want it and you're not local then I might be able to find a box and arrange a courier at cost. Hit me up if you're interested. 
      Complete photo gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/Qnaj9kd
      (I really don't "want" trades - but would potentially be interested in something jazz / jaguar flavoured with either 4 or 5 strings, part-ex against some Smallsound/Bigsound pedals - TAFM or F*ck overdrive, or maybe a micro/mini bass amp head)

• By gyrus
      RETRACTED - I plan to keep this bass for now. 

For Sale: G&L SB-2
      Made in the USA;1996; with OHSC
      Current price: £
      Collection from Stevenage will be greatly appreciated.
      Feel free to send me a message anytime.

Useful Links:
      Specs rundown YouTube Video HERE 
      Bass demo (includes 9 different settings) YouTube Video HERE
      Sound Sample — Click the link below for:
      “Too Blind To See” by Robyn and the Hoods
    • By Paul C
      Hi, relisting my L2000 tribute as despite marking it as sold a month or two ago the sale could not be completed. No problems. Thought about keeping it but.....
      To simplify the process I'm relisting it with shipping and insurance via Parcelforce included in the price as it doesn't feel like travel restrictions will be lifted any time soon. As a result the price is higher than the previous listing. I think this is for the best though as iv heard a few nasty shipping related mishaps on here of late and want piece of mind so no one loses out at either end of the process should something bad happen.
      Planning to ship it in a good sized chunky, strong bubble wrapped box with old soft case as well. Happy to provide a picture if anyone is curious about the packaging. I received a bass in this package myself from France prior to Brexit so should be good. 
      Slight dink which i've tried to picture but it does not affect playability and is fairly smooth to the touch. Bass is as new apart from this mark.
      Thanks for looking.