Why become a member? ×

Definitely For Sale Akai Unibass UB1 Harmoniser

Guest BassKS

Guest BassKS

got this off benwhiteuk this week and i loved it. Just got back from band practice and was outvoted by the three members that it needs to go. i might have shown that I could fill in the guitarist's shoes as well as keeping the bass. After all, we're only a Balkan's folk/rock band.

As for the condition, it is a true collector's piece. ben has clearly looked after the unit with great care and shipped it to me in no time.

There are a few forums that talk about it and hail it as the true octave up pedal bar none. I agree with them but the band doesnt.

If there is any interest then £95.00 posted would do the trick. I cant go much lower than this as theyve been going for this much in here and for a bit more (when found) on Ebay.

Im based in London and would gladly do it for 90 if delivered in person. Id buy them a pint.

Trades would include a flanger, cool delay, EHX bass synth (maybe), MicrKORG, DHA Drives, preamps, with cash adjustment some way.

Let me know

Edited by BassKS

Guest BassKS

Im sure it can do all sorts of stuff but the band got a bit frustrated.
My flatmate will be getting an Tech 21 guitar amp and was gonna lend it to me on gigs (my plan) but I, not sure whether I cn justify keeping it.

Have I got the price wrong? Let me know. It is a great pedal but not for the band who want to be the next Gogol Bordello. It tracks very well and a Richard Bonaesque solo can be pulled off with it. Or headhunters funk where there no guitar.

Thank you Alien.

I bought it with a new project in mind, and do some crazy Mars Volta stuff. The guitarist did not get a visa to come over here and we decided to exchange ideas via file transfer. Thats what you get when you live in my neck of woods. Good folk music though :-).

PS Do you think its a high price? I mean thats what I shelled out for it (in pt exchange and cash)

I'd have this back if I had the readies and at least an idea where I could use it...

Can't believe this has been here the whole weekend. I would have expected it to go within 24 hours. You'd probably get over £100 for it on ebay mate.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='378057' date='Jan 12 2009, 06:21 PM']I'd have this back if I had the readies and at least an idea where I could use it...

Can't believe this has been here the whole weekend. I would have expected it to go within 24 hours. You'd probably get over £100 for it on ebay mate.[/quote]

Will try she-bay but im leaving it for another day or so. As for the idea, I had one but the guitarist (childhood friend) did not get the student visa although he got accepted at SAE sound engineer course. Tried it with my band but it was getting in the way of the guitarist. 'Tis one great pedal though. Tracking is surprisingly good. Much better than Oc 3 (which Ive owned in the past) and Octabass whch I borrowed from a friend.

Edited by BassKS