Why become a member? ×

Interesting Practice/Warm-Up Riffs

Dubs

I’m just doodling away and going through my usual practise and warm up licks/riffs/arpeggios/etc and was just wondering how many others have their own warm up routine or interesting little ditties to get them going? Please do share via MP3 or whatever…

I have a couple of interesting but basic slap warm-ups that I’ll record and post a little later on :)

Just thought it would be good to share some interesting practice techniques rather than getting bored with the same old scale and arpeggio sh*t :huh:

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='373199' date='Jan 7 2009, 04:19 PM']Don't be knocking that scales and arpeggios s***. It's you friend; you must love it![/quote]

I do, but it can get so boring just for a warm up. Scales and arpeggios have their place, but I'm bored of them for just warming up.

I do a bit of scales and a rather nifty 1-2-3-4 finger exercise that was posted on here which basically consists of playing all the permutations in one "position" before moving on. F'instance, start with index on fret one (eg, F on the E string), middle on 2 (F#) etc, then go: 1,2,3,4 1,2,4,3 1,3,2,4 1,3,4,2 1,4,2,3 1,4,3,2 2,1,3,4 etc...

But that's more of a workout that an warmup.