Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA P1600 POWER AMP.

billynoband

Slightly used Yamaha P1600 power amp. The only paint chip are on the large handles, there are no dents. Its rack mounted (2u) in a homemade wooden rack for protection and is a bit homemade but does the job, this is included.
2ohm stereo 350w per channel
4ohm stereo 200w per channel
8ohm stereo 160w per channel
8ohm bridged 400w per channel
I have a downloaded manual.
Balanced XLR type connectors, balanced phone jacks and barrier imputs.
Three operating modes.
Speaker terminals are clamps.
; Stereo where channel a and b operate independently. Parallel mode in which a mono source is output by 2 amp systems. Bridge mode in which unit operates as a single amp.
Signal clip light for each channel.
Variable speed fan with very low noise.
All in all a real amp , one of the few TX lucas rated so would be good for a studio, very sturdy. I am not using it though and I don't think I will as my Warwick is plenty enough on its own. I did buy it originally to run the telly mainly but a change if speakers sorted that instead.

£100 Pick up from Northants or if you send a courier thats fine. I will post photos when my wife fixes my computer as this is hers.

Edited by billynoband

To avoid any confusion, I'm guessing that 8ohm bridged gives 400w mono output, not per channel. It will run 400w into one cab at 8ohms. Any more and it will fry itself and the magic smoke will come out.

Good point i never thought of that, i do'nt know for sure. Thing is though power ratings are pie in the sky. What ever speakers you have you could run this amp from any channel that would suit your speaker ohm rating and as long as you have efficient speakers it will make you want to turn it down. Its a very efficient amp. It sounded like thunder with my Warwick 3-Yamaha P1600- BFM DR24 8ohm on one channel of a rated 180 watts. The maximun the Beta 10 the cab had fitted will put out is 100 watts with any amp according to the experts.

• 2 months later...