Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

vintage v4-seymour duncan

bassmachine2112

hiho,anybody put a seymour duncan quarter pounder in a vintage v4 precision copy and do you think it is worthwhile.
by all acounts the wilkinson pups n stuff is decent gear.
There has been a lot of advertising for these basses with endorsments flying around but are they as good as they say they are or do the artists get selected models-ie handbuilt or selected with upgraded bits.
So far after a good set up I am happy with this bass and will be taking it out on the road along with ricky .
I,ll keep you posted on how it goes.

All the credible reports I've heard about these basses makes them sound very good indeed. I'm seriously considering one myself for blues gigs.

Personally, I'd leave the installed Wilkinson be for a while, and see how it goes. If you find any real deficiencies on the road, you could always drop in a Quarterpounder later - they are superb pickups, no doubt of that.

Let us know how it goes :)

hiho,well i,m looking forward to hearing how the wizards sound.
Here,s one for Noirpunk I am playing with Big Al ex uk subs guitarist n we have tracks recorded but desperatley need a singer,do you know any from around the Chester,Liverpool area ?. Long shot I know but can,t get the right man.D,ya know of anyone who would fit the bill ?
Anyway I,m looking forward to getting the vintage plugged into the marshall..