Why become a member? ×

badass V

fluffo

I have just fitted a Badass V to my U.S deluxe, the problem I am having is that in order for the strings to go through the holes at the end of the bridge and line up I am unable to get the low B through the hole at the back.
There is another set of holes positioned slightly higher on the end of the bridge but this then puts the string out of line.
Before anyone asks the bridge is on 100% cymetrical in the correct position with the neck and pickups.

Someone help

Edited by fluffo

[quote name='fluffo' post='364898' date='Dec 28 2008, 03:43 PM']I have just fitted a Badass V to my U.S deluxe, the problem I am having is that in order for the strings to go through the holes at the end of the bridge and line up I am unable to get the low B through the hole at the back.
There is another set of holes positioned slightly higher on the end of the bridge but this then puts the string out of line.
Before anyone asks the bridge is on 100% cymetrical in the correct position with the neck and pickups.

Someone help[/quote]

I have found this to be problematic with the Badass V. Thicker B strings (135s and above?) do not fit through the stringing hole, made worse by any silk wrapping. Not much I can suggest except 1) get a thinner B string (130?) or 2) ream out the hole with a drill. Drill press recommended for this I would say. I will probably end up doing this to mine.