Why become a member? ×

Hi from West London!

MickyGinger

Hey there, just a uick not to say hi. I am 27 rs old, bassist, playing a court precision at the moment, looking out for a sweet ass 5 string tho! I love my soul and funk, big fan of jaco pastorius and james jamerson. Looking to get my soul function band on the road as soon as possible.

Nice to meet you all!

:huh:

PS. The main reason I'm here is to start to get my hands round some cool ass funky soul lines. Does anyone know of anywhere to get some bass transcriptions. Things like California Soul, Take Yo' Praise etc etc. Can't find many resources online for the bassist! :)

Edited by MickyGinger

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='364528' date='Dec 27 2008, 11:46 PM']hey micky, what part of West London? I was living in Shepherds Bush until recently. I don't really use TAB so can't help much on that front I'm sorry.[/quote]

Livin in Acton mate, just down the road from the Bush! Don't really do TAB either, I'm teachin myself to sight read... Nice to meet you tho! Where you stayin these days?

Safe! :)

Welcome to BC

There used to be a great site called OLGA where people could post bass tabs but it got shopped.

Active bass is good for lessons and midi samples. They have a whole section on funk lines.

[url="http://www.activebass.com/"]http://www.activebass.com/[/url]

Fellow JJ disciple!!!

[quote name='hairyhatman' post='368089' date='Jan 1 2009, 10:04 PM']Welcome to BC

There used to be a great site called OLGA where people could post bass tabs but it got shopped.

Active bass is good for lessons and midi samples. They have a whole section on funk lines.

[url="http://www.activebass.com/"]http://www.activebass.com/[/url]

Fellow JJ disciple!!![/quote]

Thanks man, I'll check it out!

:)

[quote name='MickyGinger' post='364475' date='Dec 27 2008, 09:34 PM']Hey there, just a uick not to say hi. I am 27 rs old, bassist, playing a court precision at the moment, looking out for a sweet ass 5 string tho! I love my soul and funk, big fan of jaco pastorius and james jamerson. Looking to get my soul function band on the road as soon as possible.

Nice to meet you all!

:huh:

PS. The main reason I'm here is to start to get my hands round some cool ass funky soul lines. Does anyone know of anywhere to get some bass transcriptions. Things like California Soul, Take Yo' Praise etc etc. Can't find many resources online for the bassist! :)[/quote]

Hey Micky!

Nice to meet you. Sorry to greet with an annoying post, but why not try learning them by ear? You'll internalise those grooves and that feel and you'll also develop your ear enough to play what you hear. [i]That[/i] takes some serious soul...... :huh:

Also, you'll never be tied down to learning a song through tab, you can learn literally any song there's a recording of!

[quote name='MickyGinger' post='365621' date='Dec 29 2008, 05:41 PM']Livin in Acton mate, just down the road from the Bush! Don't really do TAB either, I'm teachin myself to sight read... Nice to meet you tho! Where you stayin these days?

Safe! :)[/quote]
You're in a good location for music schools :huh: One of London's best Szechuan restaurants is down Churchfield Street too. I shifted 2 hours north to take up a new job. Hope u enjoy the forums mate.