Why become a member? ×

NBD Yamaha BB734

Been playing nearly two years, decided I actually want to stick with this whole "bass playing" shtick and upgrade from my cheap Ibanez Talman and get something more serious that'll last me a while. Tried one of these Yamahas in a shop and fell in love with it.

I was originally dead set on a Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass but I tried one in the shop and while it felt nice to play it didn't sound that good. I also tried a Nate Mendel Signature P Bass which sounded a little better but the neck finish didn't agree with me and it wasn't very versatile - after all it's a P Bass!

I tried the Yamaha as a last ditch option and I was blown away by how good it was. Just felt right in my hands, played like a dream, neck was super comfortable, and by far and away the electronics just sounded superb. Lots of tonal options with the active stuff but it'll run just fine in passive mode with volume/balance/tone controls. 

I set out to find one used, Wunjo had a used brown one for £585 but I needed a black one. Upon inquiring here @krispn contacted me saying he was willing to sell his and two weeks later after much toing and froing it's finally here!

Currently got the stock 45-105 D'Addarios on it but next up is a fresh set of 50-110 Rotosound Stainless Steels and a setup from The Bass Gallery next week.

IMG_20190912_102811.jpg

Edited by razor5cl