Why become a member? ×

Bacchus 24F (Sold)

ped

[quote name='dood' post='39745' date='Jul 31 2007, 09:40 PM']Sickeningly nice sounding ain'it! - Hey Ped! When I get ma Pod, I'll have to trade some presets with you!

(and sneak out with the B24 stowed away under my jacket tee hee hee!)[/quote]

Thanks for the compliments!! For recording this bass I actually didn't use any model or eq at all on the passive recording as Nik wanted to hear it completely natural.

For the others, I used a sparing dab of the tube pre and a little eq and reverb. For my live in ear sound I would probably have done the same.

You are more than welcome to come over and have a podfest with me and Luke!! I have uploaded a few of my staple in ear sounds to my FTP for safe keeping and can do that with all my settings for you to play with.

Let me know when you get yours!

Ped

[quote name='ped' post='39767' date='Jul 31 2007, 10:53 PM']Thanks for the compliments!! For recording this bass I actually didn't use any model or eq at all on the passive recording as Nik wanted to hear it completely natural.

For the others, I used a sparing dab of the tube pre and a little eq and reverb. For my live in ear sound I would probably have done the same.[/quote]

Sounds really good Ped! Thanks..sending PM,

Nik

Some people have asked about the B string on the bass - I have just done this little recording of it so you can hear how tight and defined it is!

Recorded with no compression or EQ, just the bass. Needless to say, with some EQ and compression you can really rattle your brains out through an amplifier!

Hear it in the file attached, or [url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/B%20string%20sample.mp3"]Here[/url]

Cheers!
ped[attachment=1682:B_string_sample.mp3]

Post eBay bump - couple of deposit wavers but I need a quick sale really. It will be at the SE bash on Sat.

One other thing, I can arrange with John East to have coil taps for each pickup to be installed, plus a series/parralell switch if you want a 'do it all' bass...

Cheers
ped