Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Ken Smith Burner Custom ‘92
£1200
Italy

bassplayerpt

For sale or trade beautiful and rare Ken Smith Burner Custom vintage model of 1992. Very good conditions with original Smith case. Now there are Emg pick up but original smith pick up are also included. 

Edited by bassplayerpt

Interesting bass. Any idea when was the paint job done and by whom? Also, do you have the original bridge?

The finish is original by Ken Smith, the Smith tickets says Burner Black.

I'haven.t the original bridge.

Edited by bassplayerpt

On 28/08/2019 at 09:46, bassplayerpt said:

The finish is original by Ken Smith, the Smith tickets says Burner Black.

I'haven.t the original bridge.

Indeed the serial says Standard Black. Alder body and a three piece maple neck - this is a Burner Std that was originally totally black with gloss finish. What we see in the pictures is a refinish, a really nice one I must add. The knobs are also not original.
Could you please take a picture of the open control cavity, including the stamp on the inner side of the cavity plate?

Edited by nenor

Thanks for the photo. That is an EMG pre-amp, obviously not the original Ken Smith one.
So what you have here is a modified Ken Smith Burner which was also refinished in a unique way. There are traces of the original black paint on the cavity surroundings. You could say the pickups & pre-amp are actually upgrades. I have the same bass in red, 100% original and I bet this one sounds better. However, I'm not sure about the bridge as the original, all brass, is excellent. GLWTS.

Edited by nenor

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic