Can'tthinkofausername

Barefaced Compact Gen 1 SOLD STC
£300
nr Oxford/M40

SOLD ELSEWHERE SUBJECT TO COLLECTION

The need to scratch a Super Compact-type itch means my Compact is going on the block.  It's in good to very good condition: even still has the plastic on the grille badge.  One or two scuffs and marks as you'd expect but the brilliant Tuff Coat finish means they're nothing a Sharpie won't hide, and does have the classic 'rubber peel' on the handle (see photo) but I've never had any doubts as to its security.  Been very lightly used: our rehearsal space has backline so it rarely travels there, and sadly gigs never seem as frequent as I'd like so much of its time has been spent relaxing at home.  A hell of a lot of cab for the money: masses of heft in about as lightweight and, well, compact a package as you'll find containing a 15" speaker.  Collection much preferred (I'm about 10 miles east of Oxford) but also happy to discuss halfway meets...

Cheers,

Tim

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg.e76380cc0b8182a767fff2ad2599fe07.jpg

Edited by Can'tthinkofausername
SOLD STC

I bought one of the very first ones produced, about 2008/9, if I remember correctly.

Probably all the cab you'll ever need. Immensely capable.

Frank.

I can only echo machinehead's comments.  A wish to preserve my increasingly fragile lower back led me to flog my Schroeder 2x12 and shift to the Compact as it was much lighter and less awkward to lift and carry.  The Schroeder was a fantastic cab and I wasn't sure the seemingly less substantial Compact could cut it in comparison, but it certainly does.  Ticks a lot of boxes for £300: certainly wouldn't be moving it on were it not for Super Compact GAS and one coming up close to home (thanks Simon...!)  

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JGSpector
      This listing is for a Barefaced One 10 bass speaker cabinet with Roqsolid cover.
      The cab is the metal grill version, is in great condition and is in good working order. The Tolex on the rear of the cab is starting to peel a tiny bit at the joins (see pics). It has been kept in a music room in a smoke free home and has only been gigged twice. The cab will be shipped in its original packaging with its Roqsolid cover on for extra protection.
      These cabs are tiny, light and sound fantastic. I’m only selling as I’m having a gear clear out and the project I used this cab in has ended. Tech specs and additional information can be found on the Barefaced website at https://barefacedaudio.com/products/one_10
      I’m happy to ship to anywhere in the UK.
      Payment by PayPal only please. I only ship to locations within the UK.
      Check out my other listings for more bass related goodies.

• By JGSpector
      This listing is for a Barefaced One 10 bass speaker cabinet with Barefaced padded cover.
      The cab is the metal grill version, is in superb condition and is in good working order. It has been kept in a music room in a smoke free home and has never been gigged. The cab will be shipped in its original packaging with its Barefaced padded cover on for extra protection.
      These cabs are tiny, light and sound fantastic. I’m only selling as I’m having a gear clear out and the project I used this cab for has ended. Tech specs and additional information can be found on the Barefaced website at https://barefacedaudio.com/products/one_10
      I’m happy to ship to anywhere in the UK.
      Payment by PayPal only please. I only ship to locations within the UK.

• By ricksterphil
      FOR SALE - NO TRADES THANKS
      My Barefaced Super12T
      Bought from this parish 2 years ago. It has the controllable tweeter (hence the 'T') and comes with a Roqsolid cover with plywood grill protector and bottom flap
      It's been gigged but is in good condition apart from a chip in the wood at the top right on one of the ports. This is inside and doesn't really show unless you're looking (I've stuck a bit of black boot polish on to cover it up)
      I can courier for cost, which should be around £35 via UPS fully insured. I will get a quote for you if you wish
      If you're looking at this you know how good these cabs are. If not, there are many reviews on here and online. All the heft you'll ever need without the physical weight is how I'd describe this cab

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all the items I'm not using anymore, especially amps and related as I bought a new 3 channels combo. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

GSS FRFR 12 + 6 + tweeter, 1000 Watts active full range flat response cabinet, only 12 kilos. The French Barefaced FR 800.

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £654 GBP !!! Official retail price is €1094 Euros (around £1000 GBP) !

Shipping to United Kingdom is only possible until the 23rd of December 2020 because of the Brexit... Shipping will resume on the 1st of January 2021, but with an extra huge customs fee, because U.K. will be outside EEC.

In fully working condition, bought new last year on the 6th of December 2019.

Here are the specifications :
      Speakers : 12" Neodymium Celestion + 6.5" PHL Audio + silk dome tweeter (à la Glockenklang or Hi-Fi)
      Frequency response : 50 Hz to 18 kHz
      Power : 2 x 500 Watts amps, so 1000 Watts (see photos below), but announced as 500 Watts (2 x 250 Watts) as the speakers are 8 Ohms.
      Weight : 12 kilos

Will come with the original EU powerCon lead and a UK classic one that I can adapt on the powerCon if needed. I put a plug on the XLR link out that you can, of course, remove (Hi-Fi addiction remains 🤦‍♂️ ).

Non-smoking environment as usual.

Link to the GSS FRFR active cabinet page : Baffle actif 12+6+tweeter (active cab) GSS pour guitare, basse et claviers (guitarsoundsystems.com)

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different lights to see the real condition, which show only some very little wear and marks.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.