Why become a member? ×

Are our days numbered?

NoirBass

21 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Thought you liked that one?

I just got my B3n, loving it, going to swap the helix HX out for it.

Oh I do think it's a good piece of kit, particularly at its price point. But the HX is a step up in processing power - made clear to me when comparing the ability of the two with pitch shifting. I won't be using both multis - it will be one or t'other. I've certainly wavered between the two boxes over the past six months as folk will no doubt have seen.

Plenty of gigging bassists are very happy with the Zoom multis and don't feel the need for the additional processing power and cost of the HX kit. You've clearly fallen into that camp and no dispute from me that makes very good sense.

We'll need to get you contributing some patch ideas to the Zoom thread then - I suspect they will be very good!

Edited by Al Krow

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2019 at 13:47, operative451 said:

Plus, didn't this question come up when they invented synths? :D and we're still here...

First gig I ever went to was Siouxsie and the Banshees in November 1982. The support act was one bloke with a synth and a backing track (no idea who it was). Some very scary (to a 15yr old) looking punk guy was hurling abuse at him "You're killing live music" "You're putting drummers out of work", before storming out. 

And who can forget....

HTIKM.png