Why become a member? ×

Marshall superlead 100

hatori

Like a fool I sold my Marshall superbass 100 5 years ago and now desperately want another. Prices on Ebay reflect their collectability and are sadly out of my reach. I have read that there is not a great deal of difference between the Superbass and Superlead head. Is this correct and, were I to use a superlead would it damage it in any way? Ive been checking out the Vintage modern 2466 which is more affordable. What do you think?

[quote name='hatori' post='359579' date='Dec 20 2008, 01:57 PM']Like a fool I sold my Marshall superbass 100 5 years ago and now desperately want another. Prices on Ebay reflect their collectability and are sadly out of my reach. I have read that there is not a great deal of difference between the Superbass and Superlead head. Is this correct and, were I to use a superlead would it damage it in any way? Ive been checking out the Vintage modern 2466 which is more affordable. What do you think?[/quote]

The difference between the two amps is one cap which makes the superlead a bit brighter. A superlead will work great for bass.

My fav amp BTW.

Dave

When you settle on a budget, let me know and I will pick through the pile to see if I have one I can do for that price....
...but you'll find that a Bass will be cheaper than a Lead.

And you'll find that the new series stuf jsut doesn't ahve the qua;ity of componenets, build or transformers of the JCM800 and older models.

Cheers