Why become a member? ×

SOLD....SOLD.....SOLD MTD KINGSTON Z4, preowned
£495
Berwick upon Tweed

Drew Dempster

Forget it says Indonesia on the rear of the headstock and you are playing a 'boutique' bass in terms of playability, feel and tone. These Kingston series basses are made at MTD's own purpose-built manufacturing facility in Asia and Quality Control is first class. I've really enjoyed owning this bass . Condition is very good all round and the frets and fingerboard show little or no wear.

These sell at around £900 now in the UK (when you can find one). They are light, articulate and beautifully balanced on the strap or the knee

Burl maple top on a mahogany body core with a black separating veneer, all gloss lacquered. The bolt-on maple neck is  beautifully figured and has an asymmetrical profile which, ergonomically, fits the hand perfectly - something I've grown to appreciate from my ACG basses. The angled-back headstock is also faced in burl maple to match the body. MTD quick-release bridge, 2 x MTD Soapbar (humbucking) pickups encased in wood, 3 band active EQ, 24 medium nickel frets.

There are a lot of high-end design details going on here. The bass is very versatile tonally and delivers with bell-like clarity and will suit bassists whose playing carries a lot of detail. Particularly good for playing chords up the dusty end I found!

Will ship, in a hard case, anywhere in the UK (or beyond). Service and cost to be agreed with buyer. Alternatively I come down to the Northwest & West Yorkshire every few weeks so that may offer the opportunity for a meet/handover Please message/call me for any further information (07837-011889)

DSC_0436.JPG

DSC_0435.JPG

DSC_0437.JPG

DSC_0440.JPG

DSC_0438.JPG

DSC_0433.JPG

DSC_0442.JPG

DSC_0441.JPG

DSC_0439.JPG

Edited by Drew Dempster
Bass Sold
  • Like 5