jmlbasses

S O L D - Vigier Excess Original 5 string
£1500
Madrid - Spain

Hi, I'm selling my Vigier  Excess Original 5 string  black in perfect condition, only some brands of use painted with marker (I tried to photograph but they are very small) but nothing serious.

I'm looking for 1700€ 

Specifications taken from a magazine

Neck

Wood

Maple

Construction

Bolt-on

Width at Nut

1.81″ (46mm)

Width at 12th Fret

2.54″ (64.4mm)

Thickness at 1st Fret

.81″ (20.5mm)

Thickness at 12th Fret

.94″ (23mm)

Fingerboard

Wood

Rosewood or Maple

Radius

11.81″ (300mm)

Scale

33.86″ (860mm)

Nut

Teflon

Frets

Stainless Steel w/ Removeable Zero Fret

Action at 12th Fret

Treble

.078 (2.0mm)

Bass

.11″ (2.7mm)

String Spacing

At Nut

1.50″ (38mm)

At Bridge

2.83″ (72mm)

Body

Wood

Alder

Weight

7.50lbs (3.4kg)

Electronics

Type

Active

Configuration

S-S

Pickups

Vigier

Neck

Excess N

Middle

N/A

Bridge

Excess B

Controls

Volume, blend and 3-Band EQ

Switch

Balance Pot

Hardware

Bridge

Vigier Quick Release

Machine Heads

Vigier/Schaller

20190721_194636.jpg

20190721_194655.jpg

20190721_194711.jpg

20190721_194721.jpg

20190721_194810.jpg

20190721_194850.jpg

20190721_194915.jpg

20190721_194928.jpg

20190721_195012.jpg

20190721_195029.jpg

Edited by jmlbasses
  • Like 4

Grandes bajos.

En un futuro, llegará el día en que el primer bajo que suene en la Luna, será un Vigier

Hi, the specs above say 2-band EQ but from the number of knobs it looks like a 3-band, is that right? Can you please provide the exact weight of the bass (may be different to the standard specs above). Thanks

4 hours ago, ikay said:

Hi, the specs above say 2-band EQ but from the number of knobs it looks like a 3-band, is that right? Can you please provide the exact weight of the bass (may be different to the standard specs above). Thanks

I'm sorry. I took the specifications of a magazine.

3-band EQ 

4,18 Kg (In my Chinese scale)

I keep coming back to this. I have 2 already so just no need for another but, it is very lovely in black. I'd keep it, if I were you. For me, the best basses out there, bar none. I hope it sells soon. GLWTS 

2 hours ago, mattbass6 said:

I keep coming back to this. I have 2 already so just no need for another but, it is very lovely in black. I'd keep it, if I were you. For me, the best basses out there, bar none. I hope it sells soon. GLWTS 

Thank you, I only sell it out of economic necessity.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lucius1756
      Ibanez SR1805ENTF Five-String Bass 

Bought in 2017 from Andertons. Its in excellent condition. Never left the house. Everything is original. Comes in its own soft case.
      Since its not being played, its a shame that it just sits in the bag. Hopefully it will find a new loving owner.
      I'm in Manchester, and prefer local pick up. But willing to meet halfway if needed be. 

What Ibanez has to say about it:
      SR1805ENTF
      NATURAL FLAT

The SR Premium is designed with high-end features while maintaining affordability. The Ibanez Premium factory provides the same award winning quality shown in our Prestige line. SR Premium is the new standard for the serious professional musician.

Made at Ibanez Premium factory, built to Premium quality standards
      Nordstrand™ Big Single pickups provide huge, full, loud, and aggressive single-coil tone
      EQB-IIISC 3-band EQ, with Mid frequency switch and eq bypass switch, gives you a world of possibilities in tone
      Mono-Rail IV bridge with locking saddles allows each string to vibrate fully with no interference from the other strings
      Includes special gig bag

Specs:
      Neck Material: 5pc Wenge/Bubinga
      Neck Type: SR5
      Body: Mahogany body/ / Flamed Maple centers & Rosewood wing top
      Frets: Medium frets
      Fingerboard: Rosewood
      Inlay: Abalone oval inlay
      Bridge: Mono-Rail IV bridge
      NeckPU: Nordstrand™ Big Single
      MiddlePU:
      BridgePU: Nordstrand™ Big Single
      EQ: EQB-IIISC
      HW Color: Gold

• By barrabass
      A la venta, mi Vigier Passion III, construido en 1996.
      Es un bajo espectacular, el mejor bajo que he tenido.
      Está en buen estado, algún pequeño toque sin importancia.
      Gastos de envío a cuenta del comprador

• By Rollo
      For sale/For Trade a beautiful MTD 535-21 from 1995, very good shape, lightweight (3.7kg) and very rare with this woods configuration.
      It's a bass from second year of the MTD's production (finished in December 1995), delivered with original brown hardcase and Mike's letter.
      Its weight is really surprising for a 5 string and it is very balanced. The sound is filled with growl and presence, lots of low-mids and a really strong character.
      This is according to Tobias, the sound he had in mind when he thought about the evolution he wanted to make by launching this new brand in the early 90s.

Here are specifications :
      Body : Korina, lightweight whith a wonderlful golden color
      Neck : Wenge, quartersawn, one piece, 4 screws bolt-on with asymetric profile
      Fingerboard : One piece of Wenge
      Scale : 35"
      Frets : 21 + 1 frets silver/nickel in perfect shape
      Headstock : 2 + 3 with Wenge veneer
      Nut : Bone
      Pickups : Originals MTD/Bartolini, inverted P pickups
      Preamp : Original MTD/Bartolini, works with two battery, +/-9v configuration
      Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Mids/Treble + Mediums frequencies switch 250/400/800 Hz
      Tunes : Originals Gotoh GB707
      Bridge : Original Wilkinson in perfect condition
      Strings Spacing at Bridge : 19mm
      Strings Spacing at Nut : 9mm
      Knobs : MTD
      Hardware color : Black
      Trussrod : One working and perfect set up rod
      Land of Craftsmanship : Handmade in USA
      Weight : 3.7kg

This bass is very easy to play and the weight is super nice when you are standing. The bass has a few strokes and a few marks, but nothing bad for a bass of this age.
      It’s an instrument that has been played and that resonates wonderfully. The sound is typical MTD, with snap and an unbeatable slap sound. The woods used really offer a very ample and imposing sound, with a very good definition and a really important presence in a mix.

You can see pictures in full HD here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18LL6pQFNSi13FkmicCoRCf_hwKYAFCxp?usp=sharing
      And listen a lots of soundclips here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lENbaYYXVDuhg6jlYJiZX5azU6uf8fj3?usp=sharing
      Don’t hesitate if you want additional photos or soundclips.

For exchanges I am quite open, I am interested in fretted or fretless basses, from 4 to 6 strings.
      Rather looking for a Fbass, Leduc, Ken Smith, or whatever...
      Submit !

For information :
      Price new in 1995: $ 3500 + $ 300 (Wenge neck and fingerboard) + $ 300 (Korina body) + $ 140 (Hardcase) = $ 4240 or current $ 7240 with dollar inflation
      Current new price: $ 5,200 + $ 500 (Wenge neck and fingerboard) + $ 300 (Korina body) + $ 450 (Hardcase) = $ 6,450

3200£ is for average trade value.
      For straight sale, price is negociable.

Bomb-proof shipping OK

• By Giacomo
      A rare thru neck ACG Headless Harlot 5
      A1 Immiculate, as new condition. So a new ACG for half the price.
      We’re talking exotic wood for days here: sycamore, Asian ebony, Wenge, flamed maple and swamp ash.
      It has grub screws for use with normal strings if that’s what you want.
      Just fitted a brand new GLOCKENKLANG stacked 3 band Preamp, made huge improvement on the sound vs the previous John East Eq01. Super transparent 
      To commission it would cost in region of £3,000, although I’ve heard that Alan doesn’t now make thru necks.
      Perfectly low action, blue fibre optic dots on the side of the neck (which I found a lot better for use on a dark stage than the brighter LEDs that are common) plays like a dream and has plenty of punch.
      The fretboard is zero radius and the neck is asymmetrical (slightly thinner on the G side and thicker at the E). Unorthodox but I’m never consciously aware of it and find it very comfy: the neck plays itself.

34-inch scale
      Swamp Ash body core
      Asian Ebony top/veneer.
      Thru 5 piece flame maple/wenge neck
      Acrylic Flame Sycamore neck – no dots
      Dual Action trussrod
      Carbon neck rods
      Blue LED via fiber-optic side dots
      Black hardware
      Hipshot Ultralite Tuners.
      Hipshot Type A bridge - 18mm spacing
      ACG String anchor
      RFB humbucker bridge pick-up with coil switching
      RFB Single coil neck pick-up

• By siso0450
      I am selling this wonderful Yamaha BBP35 Bass.
      It is a bass with an impressive sound record, and not only that, but this model is very beautiful.
      I have the original box and all the papers and tools that it includes.
      It's passive and you have a range of sounds from the best Jazz Bass to the best Precision bass.
      The cost of shipping to the European Union is at my expense.
      I do not accept any partial or total trade.
      Specs:

Alder / Maple/ Alder Body Construction 6-Bolt Miter Neck Joint 5-piece Neck YGD Custom V7 Pickups (AlnicoV) Vintage Plus Bridge : Convertible Bridge and Saddle Lightweight Open Gear Tuners I.R.A Treatment Made in Japan
      Weight: 4,52 In a Bathroom Scale The Yamaha Website:
      https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/el_basses/bb_2017/pro_series.html
      Price: 1220 € // 1090 £