Why become a member? ×

Ovation Magnum 2

dangerboy

[quote name='dangerboy' post='420103' date='Feb 26 2009, 02:38 PM']I'd get a new scratchplate made with 4 holes for knobs and one for a 3-way switch, then de-solder the existing electronics from the pickups, and remove the whole control assembly in one go, including scratchplate. Then wire up the new scratchplate with new pots. That way returning the bass to stock would be easy.[/quote]
This is what you'd want: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OVATION-MAGNUM-BASS-PICKGUARD_W0QQitemZ310124484030QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item310124484030"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OVATION-MAGNUM-BASS-...tem310124484030[/url]
Seems a bit on the pricey side; I'd be happy to make a template of mine if it helps! Awesome basses.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='dangerboy' post='358381' date='Dec 18 2008, 10:31 PM']I floated this in a thread in 'Items Wanted' and got a few nibbles but no serious bites. So let's see if anyone wants it.

An Ovation Magnum II active bass. It is in lovely shape, with the foam in the mutes and everything, and has had the following modifications from original by a previous owner:

1 slider pot (treble) has been replaced with a rotary pot.
An extra rotary pot has been fitted. It does SOMETHING, but too subtly for my ears to tell you what.
The jack socket has been moved to the base.
The scratchplate is non-original.

All the work looks to have been done neatly. I haven't opened it up to look at the wiring, but the sounds are all there. It runs off 2 9V batteries, and has all the great features like individual coils for the pickup poles, so you can adjust the volume for each string.

And it's so pretty...

Given recent eBay prices (£410 for one with a broken and re-set neck and other issues, £700+ for an immaculate one), I'm happy to take £500 for this. It's in London if you want to come and get it, or I can post.

Loads more pics if you want them.[/quote]

Hi

Just wondering if this is still for sale...
if so, please contact me

cheers