Why become a member? ×

Christmas Prezzy

Tig

Picked this up yesterday evening, put it down to go to bed and again to go to work.

Nice guitar, going to see if it needs the Tommy Thompson mods, put lighter strings on and lower the action a tickle.
Needs the screening mods too but still very impressed with it.

Very nice!

I have the 5 string version, which I love to bits and find a joy to play even though it is prone to earth problems and I was thinking of getting the East replacement preamp to solve this?

What mods are you thinking of having done? I've had a look at the wiring and it look horrendous, which I found amazing for a bass of this expense!

I don't want to steal you thread but any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Charla

I've read some reviews here [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Fender/Marcus+Miller+Jazz+Bass/10/3"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...+Jazz+Bass/10/1[/url] and it seems that the noisy pick up problem can be helped considerably by screening the pickup cavities and the control cavities with sticky backed copper foil. As everyone commented it was worse when using the pickups in single mode.
No problems with thread stealing, I was hoping it would provoke discussion :huh: They're a really nice bass aren't they.
Whats the difference between "Crafted in Japan" and "Made in Japan" ? (apart from the obvious of course :) ) BTW

Edited by Tig

[quote name='Geek99' post='358514' date='Dec 19 2008, 07:21 AM']My jazz bass is much quieter - theres a guy who sells copper tape with conductive glue on Ebay at about £4 a roll - I did two basses with about one half of a roll.[/quote]

Do you have the guys seller id? - I'd be interested in this as both my Ibanez and Squier VMJ are quite noisy and could do with proper shielding.

[quote name='Charla' post='358363' date='Dec 18 2008, 10:15 PM']Very nice!

I have the 5 string version, which I love to bits and find a joy to play even though it is prone to earth problems and I was thinking of getting the East replacement preamp to solve this?

What mods are you thinking of having done? I've had a look at the wiring and it look horrendous, which I found amazing for a bass of this expense!

I don't want to steal you thread but any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Charla[/quote]

Yeh great guitar

I have the 4 string version , and took the plunge and have had the East Marcus preamp fitted , and it is now a swiss army knife of bass sounds .