Why become a member? ×

Where was the show?

Download was generally great but when punters are shelling out a few sovs you'd hope some bands would put on more of a spectacle which is why Slipknot are one act I'd give five stars too.  I'm a fan anyway and that was the third time I've seen them and they always deliver and some.  While Tool didn't exactly banter with  the crowd they put on a quality visual display and Enter Shikari were top notch entertainment too. Godsmack worked the crowd well and had fun with the drum dual and Slayer came out with the pyrotechnics. But too many other bands still didn't put on much in the way of a show or engage with the crowds much. I'd have hoped that for an event like Download they would've gone the extra mile. I know there are BCers who just want the music and don't care for theatrics. That's fine for pub bands but on big stages surely should pull out all the stops?

IMO its even more important for a (unknown) pub band to put on a show then it is for someone with a back catalogue the audience is already familiar with. If you can't engage a 100 or so punters from the corner of a pub, what hope have you got of being able to entertain an audience of several thousand from a big stage?

If all a band is going to do is play their songs the audience might as well stay at home where the drinks will be cheaper and toilets less offensive and stream them from Spotify or Apple Music.

That goes for any band no mater how well-known (or not) they are.

Edited by BigRedX

2 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

If all a band is going to do is play their songs the audience might as well stay at home where the drinks will be cheaper and toilets less offensive and stream them from Spotify or Apple Music.

That goes for any band no mater how well-known (or not) they are.

The drinks would be cheaper for sure but I couldn't make any promise about the standard of the toilets

• Haha 1